ACC with pre sense.

G

Goner

What does pre sense actually do apart from bong and show something about pre sense on the dash?

Mines set to early so it's not as if i'm going to run up the rear of someone and to be fair it doesn't bong often but even set to bong early just seems to bong and do nothing else.

Just curious really.

I've had it jam on the brakes a couple of times, literally as I'm about to brake. The dis shows pre sense input
I do love the ACC though, although sometimes it tracks the car in front even when it's turned off and not in the way. Can be a tad embarrassing when the car almost stops for no reason!

Mine has jammed on the brakes when reversing, not pleasant at all imho as a real shock + such hard braking seemed not justified to me (car going past but a fair distance away).

Not had it forwards yet thankfully.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

What does pre sense actually do apart from bong and show something about pre sense on the dash?

Mines set to early so it's not as if i'm going to run up the rear of someone and to be fair it doesn't bong often but even set to bong early just seems to bong and do nothing else.

Just curious really.

I believe it primes the brakes ready for an emergency stop

Twice it has pre emptied an emergency stop and braked before I could get there.
Though lucky no one hit me up the back
So does it’s job . Cruise in the uk is a waste of time without acc

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Thanks for the replies.

I’ve never had it break for me which is why I just thought it bonged and did nothing else.

It also knocked £165 off my insurance premium!:icon thumright:

Really, yours must be hellishly expensive as I pay little over that for my A4. Not known a insurance company to reduce the premium for pre-sense, how do they know you've not turned it off when you start the car?

Really, yours must be hellishly expensive as I pay little over that for my A4. Not known a insurance company to reduce the premium for pre-sense, how do they know you've not turned it off when you start the car?
I was getting quotes near the £800 mark for me in the S3....51yrs old, no points and with no claims discount going back to the stone age but I have a postcode that cancels all that out!
My renewal with LV actually came through at £690, which in itself was £80 cheaper than the website quote and if you have a car that has autonomous emergency braking, they now offer a discount for it if you tell them.
My renewal was £526.....cheapest for years

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u and Martinbanshee
I've had it save my bacon once... was pulling out at a roundabout and thought the car in front had gone as I was looking left to see incoming traffic. But the car in front had then stopped and I went to pull away and it stopped me from rear ending the car in front. So, it works quite well imo. Yes, it can be annoying sometimes and ACC can be a bit sensitive to cars in front... but I'd not be without it now.

I've had it save my bacon once... was pulling out at a roundabout and thought the car in front had gone as I was looking left to see incoming traffic. But the car in front had then stopped and I went to pull away and it stopped me from rear ending the car in front. So, it works quite well imo. Yes, it can be annoying sometimes and ACC can be a bit sensitive to cars in front... but I'd not be without it now.
Same here, came around a blind bend a tad too quickly to find stationary cars at a poorly marked road works, pre-sense kicked in before I had chance to react. No drama and no fuss, everyone safe...

Reactions: Mark_86
Like i say it's never braked the car once for me and i wouldn't have the balls to keep hurtling towards a car know it's just flashed up to let it do it's thing, it must leave it till the very last second to intervene.