Pressure washer reccomendations please......

I know the feeling @Tashfeen, apart from a night here or there, last "holiday" was a week in Wales with 3 teenage boys, 2 x dogs and outlaws last August. Not exactly a break!. But....missus has been through a lot over the last couple months, as have I I suppose, so we are looking to get away in the coming weeks. On a seperate but related point, looking to do a nice trip with boys around Xmas time, but want somewhere warm. Any recommendations, apart from obvious Cape Town etc. One option that time of year could be Cape Verde. Expecting a few options from our resident holiday taker @jassyo06 :rockwoot:
Ye mention teenagers mate any "Club Magic Life " hotel would suit you and boys to a T.... standard of this hotel chain is overall very good indeed and yer family wouldn't get bored
Cape Verde is very similar to Sharm el sheikh ie style and size of there hotels but not much to do outside of the resorts
Holidays in general have jumped up in price even since l went 5 weeks the same holiday l had in May has jumped almost £300 a head for September, l am looking at the Greek Islands for September if not it'll be Turkey again but down in the Antalya region bit warmer there in September

Reactions: NevMan
Ye mention teenagers mate any "Club Magic Life " hotel would suit you and boys to a T.... standard of this hotel chain is overall very good indeed and yer family wouldn't get bored
Cape Verde is very similar to Sharm el sheikh ie style and size of there hotels but not much to do outside of the resorts
Holidays in general have jumped up in price even since l went 5 weeks the same holiday l had in May has jumped almost £300 a head for September, l am looking at the Greek Islands for September if not it'll be Turkey again but down in the Antalya region bit warmer there in September

Thanks jassy, will take a look. Best not mention CV similar to Sharm as wife refuses to go there. I know you can’t at the moment anyway, but I have been there loads in previous life, and loved sharm, hurghada, liveaboards etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks jassy, will take a look. Best not mention CV similar to Sharm as wife refuses to go there. I know you can’t at the moment anyway, but I have been there loads in previous life, and loved sharm, hurghada, liveaboards etc

Was in hurghada last March a club magic life hotel it was excellent, a German hotel well most of hurghada is full of Germans, been to sharm 15 times loved it.....
But definitely going to take my youngest son and mother away in September and yeah my Mrs can come if she wants lol

Was in hurghada last March a club magic life hotel it was excellent, a German hotel well most of hurghada is full of Germans, been to sharm 15 times loved it.....
But definitely going to take my youngest son and mother away in September and yeah my Mrs can come if she wants lol
know what you mean, loads in El Gouna too, but then I did stay at the MovenPick. Are the UK flying there again?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Does anyone know if you buy a new Karcher do the accessories still fit, are they the bayonet style fitting? I have a proper brass head snowfoam bottle and patio cleaner. Be gutted to have to buy new stuff.

Seems spares for a 12 year old Karcher might be hard to get now.

Does anyone know if you buy a new Karcher do the accessories still fit, are they the bayonet style fitting? I have a proper brass head snowfoam bottle and patio cleaner. Be gutted to have to buy new stuff.

Seems spares for a 12 year old Karcher might be hard to get now.
They still have bayonet type fitting

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76
They still have bayonet type fitting

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yes, biggest difference seems to be the lance and how it attaches to hose and unit

Reactions: scotty76
Yes, biggest difference seems to be the lance and how it attaches to hose and unit

Yeah saw that. Unfortunate as it means my 10m hose isn't going to work
:( Wondered if I could stretch to a K5 as it has an 8m hose as standard.

Thanks BH, I'd been looking at that one but didn't know about the discount code. It's a slightly older model than the current K5 but still looks excellent. Will probably pop in to have a look at it in the flesh.

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound

Thanks BH, that's a great price. It's definitely the old version but a cracking unit for the price. I currently have the slightly better one with a hose reel that has lasted about 5 years but is now very temperamental. I have to say, this make makes my waiting for the Kranzle group buy to start much harder. :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Thanks BH, that's a great price. It's definitely the old version but a cracking unit for the price. I currently have the slightly better one with a hose reel that has lasted about 5 years but is now very temperamental. I have to say, this make makes my waiting for the Kranzle group buy to start much harder. :)
Kranzle ***.... bit overkill for car washing mate.... Like bringing a gun to a knife fight etc etc etc

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Supa Koopa
Kranzle ***.... bit overkill for car washing mate.... Like bringing a gun to a knife fight etc etc etc

I intend this to be the last pressure washer I ever buy and fully intend to leave it to my child in my will. Or at least be buried with the bleeding thing....! :)

DXOE9LN

:D

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
DALT ... .. don't get ya
The "newer" Karcher have quick release mechanisms for lance and hose, whereas the older style (like my K5 Premium) connects to machine via normal screw thread, and no quick release.

@FranA3 uses a one of these: http://www.kranzle.co.uk/english/12.htm - Wow, super super quiet, and the hose is nice and flexible so doesn't do what the ****** karcher hose does

Last edited by a moderator:
and hadn't seen this either....you know what it is like jassy, always nice to have the best, and this small machine made my K5 premium look like a dinosaur that it is. Can get them online for about £450 odd, so not cheap, but would be the last one you buy, and every time I get a new one (have had about 4 P/W's in the last 15 years, I tend to up budget and power

View attachment 158044

I intend this to be the last pressure washer I ever buy and fully intend to leave it to my child in my will. Or at least be buried with the bleeding thing....! :)

View attachment 158045
Ah well ye must av too much money, just think.. .. About yer next car deposit that'll soon put ye on the straight and narrow ....... No more detailing guff for me, the ceramic coating is going on in 2 weeks from now and it should last till l sell the car

Reactions: Supa Koopa and NevMan
Ah well ye must av too much money, just think.. .. About yer next car deposit that'll soon put ye on the straight and narrow ....... No more detailing guff for me, the ceramic coating is going on in 2 weeks from now and it should last till l sell the car
And me, straight washes from now on...easy :thumbs up:

Ok, but have gone for one of these, which should last longer than the autogleam one, and is re-fillable:

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/race-glaze/400-litre-0ppm-car-washing-filter/

@jassyo06 - Very funny, but true
'Kranzle - The Veyron of Power washers' lol
No more detailing guff for me, the ceramic coating is going on in 2 weeks from now and it should last till l sell the car
Heard that statement made by many before ... :eyebrows:
lol

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, NevMan and 2 others
Kranzle. So nice, so expensive. :D

Yes,very nice and I suppose if you use as part of your business worth it, likes the Rupes DA he used

Yes,very nice and I suppose if you use as part of your business worth it, likes the Rupes DA he used

No a Rupes polisher will be kind to your paint but a Kranzle....will blow yer paint off the chassis...........lol
For instance l stupidly put my hand in front of my K4's nozzle and bruised the inside of my wrist as l tried to clean the dirt off my hand with it..... stupid l know, but l would'nt go and pay £500 bangers for a pressure washer unless i done detailing for a living

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Your beginning to make me look like a skint weekend warrior detailer in comparison to what your spending............££££££....l aint as Anal about it as you think l am

Now Bawbag where are the Money Shots of your Q5......eh......lol

<ahem> Who spends £80 on bees wax ? Not me!

Money shots will come after 1st wash and be in better location that my ****** driveway.

View attachment 158044

View attachment 158045

I had the same mindset 3 years ago about a lot of things...for example,a certain bit of Home Cinema kit....ie a Pioneer Blu Ray Player LX88,I paid £1300 bangers for the best of best.....built like a brick poo hoose..........but ye know what..........ye reach a point where you go past....it serves a purpose.....and diminishing returns....apply mate.....ergo

No a Rupes polisher will be kind to your paint but a Kranzle....will blow yer paint off the chassis...........lol
For instance l stupidly put my hand in front of my K4's nozzle and bruised the inside of my wrist as l tried to clean the dirt off my hand with it..... stupid l know, but l would'nt go and pay £500 bangers for a pressure washer unless i done detailing for a living

The small kranzle he had had no more pressure than my k5, by just way way smaller and quieter. His rupes was way louder...no jokes!

Now WTF would you put your hand in front of your K4...tut tut, but do remember an article about damage a pressure washer can do, so never get too close to car, but then snowfoam and prewash generally does all or most of the dirty work

I had the same mindset 3 years ago about a lot of things...for example,a certain bit of Home Cinema kit....ie a Pioneer Blu Ray Player LX88,I paid £1300 bangers for the best of best.....built like a brick poo hoose..........but ye know what..........ye reach a point where you go past....it serves a purpose.....and diminishing returns....apply mate.....ergo

Agree to some extent, but there is also the you get what you pay for. Love my sonos players and wouldn’t change it for any other airplay or Bose, but agree, I am not going to go out and buy a kranzle, as my K5 does the job, but the hose and lugging it around is a PITA sometimes. Do need to invest (here we go again) in longer hose ‍♂️

Reactions: scotty76 and Jassyo06
Your beginning to make me look like a skint weekend warrior detailer in comparison to what your spending............££££££....l aint as Anal about it as you think l am

Now Bawbag where are the Money Shots of your Q5......eh......lol

In the sunshine the 0ppm is just the best! You can spend £££’s on them. Will see how this £99 one works and how long before refill. It is at least bigger than autogleam.

<ahem> Who spends £80 on bees wax ? Not me!

Money shots will come after 1st wash and be in better location that my ****** driveway.

Excuses Excuses..............lol.....l will show ye in 2 weeks time....Moi............ actually going through the full bifta process from start to finish.....l am also doing a Metallic red Jag XF as well.....probably not that same weekend.....As it requires a full Detox and paint correction, but its getting the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light/Exov3 treatment l have had since February,l will show some pics if anyone is interested
Agree to some extent, but there is also the you get what you pay for. Love my sonos players and wouldn’t change it for any other airplay or Bose, but agree, I am not going to go out and buy a kranzle, as my K5 does the job, but the hose and lugging it around is a PITA sometimes. Do need to invest (here we go again) in longer hose ‍♂️

Sonos awesome kit for the house...but not compatible for home cinema sound,at least when l bought Jordan a soundbar 3 years ago....went for the Yamaha instead

Excuses Excuses..............lol.....l will show ye in 2 weeks time....Moi............ actually going through the full bifta process from start to finish.....l am also doing a Metallic red Jag XF as well.....probably not that same weekend.....As it requires a full Detox and paint correction, but its getting the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light/Exov3 treatment l have had since February,l will show some pics if anyone is interested

Sonos awesome kit for the house...but not compatible for home cinema sound,at least when l bought Jordan a soundbar 3 years ago....went for the Yamaha instead

It is, sonos playbar + sun + 2 x play 1 surrounds.....back of the net!

That is what I have, as jacked in the onkyo receiver, surround speakers and shedloads of cable. Nowhere near as good a a full on cinema system, but as you say don’t always have to spend mega...sonos not cheap, but still sounds ****** good with the above

And fair play, you can do that as you HAVE ALL THE GEAR! I chose not to spend £300+ on DA, pads, Polish, ceramic kit (x2 in your case) but got it done whilst I had a few beers lol

Thanks BH, I'd been looking at that one but didn't know about the discount code. It's a slightly older model than the current K5 but still looks excellent. Will probably pop in to have a look at it in the flesh.

This is the one I have, does work well and is plenty powerful, if clunky compared to kranzle (as below)

This may turn out to be timely. The aforementioned 12 year old K3 decided to malfunction today with water pouring out the base when idle. I've yet to take it apart in the hope it's something simple. If not refurbished K4 here we come!

Is there a place that refurbs the K5*? Got sent one a while ago but DPD dropped the box (surprise surprise) causing the motor to break the plastic on the bottom at the back.

It’s never been turned on and has sat in the garage ever since. Would be good if someone could fix it and give it a new home. We got sent a replacement so it’s no use to us even repaired.

Edited: thought they were K4s but it’s actually a “K5 Premium Full control”

Last edited:
Is there a place that refurbs the K5*? Got sent one a while ago but DPD dropped the box (surprise surprise) causing the motor to break the plastic on the bottom at the back.

It’s never been turned on and has sat in the garage ever since. Would be good if someone could fix it and give it a new home. We got sent a replacement so it’s no use to us even repaired.

Edited: thought they were K4s but it’s actually a “K5 Premium Full control”
Karcher themselves offer repairs but it's not cheap.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/services/home-garden/kaercher-service.html

Is it just the casing that's broken? You might be able to buy a new one from somewhere like espares. It's usually just Torx screws that hold the casing together.

If you Google Karcher Service Centre there are other places around.

Personally I just ebay things for "spares or repair" as there are plenty of industrious people who repair stuff. I've not taken anything to the tip for years, someone always buys them.