A3/S3 8V front lights (headlights) USA -> EU coding

maselko

Reaction score
Website
investinbrokers.com
Hi,

I have some problems with front lights. I bought EU headlights but I have connected the US modules.

My errors:
1. Control module incorrectly coded
2. Power output module for left headlamp (incorrectly coded) / the same for right

It looks like they work very well, but vcds shows errors and the error indicator appears on the display. Is there anyone able to help in coding lamps?

Can you post the coding of your module 55? Do you have an adaption scan of module 09?

Did you also checked all the wiring to be EU spec?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I think the wiring might be a problem. I will post coding of module 55 as soon as possible. Yesterday I checked it once again and I see errors:

2. Power output module for right headlamp - incorrectly coded
3. Power output module for left headlamp - incorrectly coded
4. Power output module for right headlamp - no signal
5. Power output module for left headlamp - incorrectly coded

Rj-8V do you have access to ElsaWin?

I think the wiring might be a problem. I will post coding of module 55 as soon as possible. Yesterday I checked it once again and I see errors:

2. Power output module for right headlamp - incorrectly coded
3. Power output module for left headlamp - incorrectly coded
4. Power output module for right headlamp - no signal
5. Power output module for left headlamp - incorrectly coded

Rj-8V do you have access to ElsaWin?
Yes what build year is the a3?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I bought S3 8V looks like that is same model as "maselko" have.

Got led tail lights, changed out leds, so i have already rear tail lights with orange turn signals.

But point is that i would like to change them to blink without stop light like USDM cars do, can anyone help me with coding?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I bought S8 8V looks like that is same model as "maselko" have.

Got led tail lights, changed out leds, so i have already rear tail lights with orange turn signals.

But point is that i would like to change them to blink without stop light like USDM cars do, can anyone help me with coding?

Thanks!
The stop light blinking behaviour is hardwired in to the cluster, cannot be changed.

Interesting, but without translating what text there no way of knowing if the clusters were changed or modified.
0:13
Coding lights and cluster language
Audi S3 - 2016 MR
USA -> EU

0:19
Turn signals
In US Version turn signal after changing tail light to Europan blinks with stop light,

0:23
Stop Lights
In US Version stop lights after changing tail lights to Europan lights up with turn signals

0:32
Language change on display

0:37
DSG Adapations
Makes gear changes smoother

0:41
After right coding

0:44
Stop light + traffic lights

0:49
Turn signals

0:55
Polish language

Description:
Folowing movie shows shop service for right coding light after changing from USA to EU

0:13
Coding lights and cluster language
Audi S3 - 2016 MR
USA -> EU

0:19
Turn signals
In US Version turn signal after changing tail light to Europan blinks with stop light,

0:23
Stop Lights
In US Version stop lights after changing tail lights to Europan lights up with turn signals

0:32
Language change on display

0:37
DSG Adapations
Makes gear changes smoother

0:41
After right coding

0:44
Stop light + traffic lights

0:49
Turn signals

0:55
Polish language

Description:
Folowing movie shows shop service for right coding light after changing from USA to EU
Ok have figured this out. I had the FL lights in mind, which are hard wired. PFL lights are just coded.

Hey guys, I bought a 2015 S3 8V from the USA and now have to convert it to EU, i.e. headlights and taillights. Can someone help me with the coding ? Do the headlight wires need to be rewired? or is coding enough? I'm also happy to pay for helpful information. Greetings Nico from Germany