Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

QUOTE="Hambee1234, post: 3322454, member: 70882"]Not a single mention of the A4 is in the useless magazine .. there is a small section that mentions the BE coming on A5 and Q5 although nothing on the A4 .[/QUOTE]
Sorry but was you expecting them to? I happen to like the magazine, its free...
https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/audi-magazine.html

Reactions: Hambee1234 and NevMan
I second that about the magazine utter tosh. Always skim through and it's binned in a few minutes. Utter waste of paper they should email it out.
You think it's free? We all pay for it.

Reactions: JonaP
Ok so update... looked on the online order tracker today and.....

Last week it was showing as a build week 3 (14th Jan)

Today it is showing as build week 50 (10th december)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gavin Moore and cuke2u
Ok so update... looked on the online order tracker today and.....

Last week it was showing as a build week 3 (14th Jan)

Today it is showing as build week 50 (10th december)

Moving in the right direction!

Reactions: Inti786
For those that have cancelled has there been any resistance from Audi?

Nope. They fully understood. Got a phone call 4 days after cancellation from the finance guy who apologised and took my card details so he could refund my £1000 deposit.

They said that they’ve been told by Audi UK that if anyone wants to cancel then just refund them no questions asked.

Funnily enough, I can still check the status of my order and it’s still saying build date 12th Nov and the car is still Quantum Grey despite me changing to Ibis white about 3 weeks ago.

Reactions: NevMan
Nope. They fully understood. Got a phone call 4 days after cancellation from the finance guy who apologised and took my card details so he could refund my £1000 deposit.

They said that they’ve been told by Audi UK that if anyone wants to cancel then just refund them no questions asked.

Funnily enough, I can still check the status of my order and it’s still saying build date 12th Nov and the car is still Quantum Grey despite me changing to Ibis white about 3 weeks ago.
What engine/transmission have you ordered?

Reactions: cuke2u
Mines still a picture of the car,
Just looked at this today (again...) and mines has now changed to the Audi rings and no longer showing the car image....
I notice also that its showing the folding mirrors on the drop down spec details, which I didn't order, but we know are now part of the new face lift spec, so there are some form of updates on going I guess.

Reactions: tickedon, Simonwhite2000 and AntNut
QUOTE="Hambee1234, post: 3322454, member: 70882"]Not a single mention of the A4 is in the useless magazine .. there is a small section that mentions the BE coming on A5 and Q5 although nothing on the A4 .
Sorry but was you expecting them to? I happen to like the magazine, its free...
https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/audi-magazine.html[/QUOTE]

Morning,
I wasn't expecting them too tbh, as I wasn't even expecting the magazine either - :smile new:., but as they had a small paragraph on the A5 BE and Q5 BE, and not that I am marketing expert but I would have thought there may have been something about the "new" A4 (B9.5?) Face-lifted BE version being released.

Reactions: DaveW and AntNut
I guess it is designated to be in the next quarterly publication. It is disappointing not to get any updates I know. Unfortunately, from what I have seen in the past, this is usual for Audi..

Reactions: Hambee1234
For those awaiting a black edition MY2019 car I had confirmation - I have to trust it as its the only info I can get - that the black edition alloys will remain the rotors as standard. Added extras are only the folding mirrors and high beam assist (posted previously) and that the RS6 style alloys we have seen are not for the UK market.
The discontinued options (not sure if anyone has seen this before) for the A4 in general are.........
Disc

For those awaiting a black edition MY2019 car I had confirmation - I have to trust it as its the only info I can get - that the black edition alloys will remain the rotors as standard. Added extras are only the folding mirrors and high beam assist (posted previously) and that the RS6 style alloys we have seen are not for the UK market.
The discontinued options (not sure if anyone has seen this before) for the A4 in general are.........
View attachment 166177

Phonebox? Is this the wireless charger? So the new model will not have this based on info posted?..

Phonebox? Is this the wireless charger? So the new model will not have this based on info posted?..

Not sure as I ordered Tech Pack whish was supposed to include it. I have gone back to Cheshire Oaks Audi and asked.

That's just for S4, it's included in the tech pack for A4 (MMI Plus / Phone Box / VC) but S4 has it as a separate option (as well as VC) and MMI Plus as standard.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
I was told about the phone box situation when ordering. The wireless charging is till there but due to some rules and regulations they cannot offer the “boost of signal” through the cars aerial as previously advertised.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
That's just for S4, it's included in the tech pack for A4 (MMI Plus / Phone Box / VC) but S4 has it as a separate option (as well as VC) and MMI Plus as standard.

The above screenshot says it is for ‘all’ models..

0e51d4b0c3f1aab24b3b8fb327a71ea6.png

Ok so upon looking at my order tracker (updated to new model spec) the wireless phone charger is still there

Noticed this myself yesterday, the car picture has gone, and replaced with Audi Logo, guessed that they must finally be updating with facelift version photo at some point.

Also, noticed today that the added extras are showing like high beam and folding mirrors. The engine section however seems to have completely disappeared. It was the 1.4 tfsi 150, so guess they will update with new engine figures when they finally decide them along with the co2 emissions eh.

Whats the Radio High (Japan) bit all about though, mine says the same.

For FYI, I ordered in May and this is the first real change to the tracking at all... don't want to cancel due to the deal I got on the lease, but It's getting seriously frustrating now!

Reactions: JDotz96 and Simonwhite2000
Noticed this myself yesterday, the car picture has gone, and replaced with Audi Logo, guessed that they must finally be updating with facelift version photo at some point.

Also, noticed today that the added extras are showing like high beam and folding mirrors. The engine section however seems to have completely disappeared. It was the 1.4 tfsi 150, so guess they will update with new engine figures when they finally decide them along with the co2 emissions eh.

For FYI, I ordered in May and this is the first real change to the tracking at all... don't want to cancel due to the deal I got on the lease, but It's getting seriously frustrating now!

Mine is the same but i had a bw of jan next year and yesterday it was 10th december, i reckon it will go back again to bw 44/45

Japan high i would say is the mmi with bigger screen i would say....?

Mine is the same but i had a bw of jan next year and yesterday it was 10th december, i reckon it will go back again to bw 44/45

Japan high i would say is the mmi with bigger screen i would say....?

At least you have a bw I guess, i'd kill to know even roughly when i'm getting it, currently without a car and not sure what to do...

Is yours the S-Tronic Black edition too?

Possibly right yeah, I ordered tech pack so should be the bigger one for sure anyway.

At least you have a bw I guess, i'd kill to know even roughly when i'm getting it, currently without a car and not sure what to do...

Is yours the S-Tronic Black edition too?

Possibly right yeah, I ordered tech pack so should be the bigger one for sure anyway.

Bw should start coming through this week or the next,

Yup Mine is the 2.0 tfsi stronic black edition

S-tronic or manual?

Count yourself lucky, I ordered in May and I've had nothing, no tracking info, order number or build week! Won't be cancelling my order though due to how good the deal was.

I called Audi UK customer service today - when I contacted them last month my order (placed at the end of April) had not 'been accepted by the factory'. It has now been accepted by the factory, although no build date confirmed yet.

One tiny step maybe... although I am beginning to wonder if this car will ever show up. I ordered A4 to end a run of 2 BMW 3 series. Given the delays with no real end in sight I am almost considering cancelling my order and holding on for the new 3 series due out next year.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and DaveW
Dealer was supposed to contact me today to discuss. I’d told them I was considering cancelling. Confirmed a time with them but no phone call.
Test driving a V60 on Saturday. They can deliver in October if needed.
Time is running out on my current lease. It’s the only car in the household and I think it’s highly unlikely Audi will deliver in time.
Had a look at the 320d x-drive also but for some reason that nearly doubled my insurance quote for the Audi/Volvo. The 320d was just too old inside also.
The Volvo doesn’t quite get the heart racing as much as the Audi but I fear it’s the best car I’ll get in time. Guess it wasn’t meant to be.

Reactions: tickedon and Simonwhite2000
Doesn't it just seem like Audi are just simply ignoring the situation? Like it isn't happening. I really do wonder if they simply can't get the cars to pass WLTP

Reactions: JDotz96
Doesn't it just seem like Audi are just simply ignoring the situation? Like it isn't happening. I really do wonder if they simply can't get the cars to pass WLTP
No, it is the whole of VAG, and not just about the new testing regime either...

Been lurking this thread for over a month now, figure I’ll add my woes to everyone else’s.

1.4 TFSI Black Edition/S-Tronic/Tech pack ordered May 31st on a hard to beat lease deal.

Nothing from my dealer. This thread has kept me more informed than anyone has at Audi.

Really annoyed I’ll likely be without a car for winter. Not looking forward taking the train to and from work considering the hours I do and the inevitable drop in temperature.

Reactions: Azonicds2, cuke2u, DaveW and 1 other person
nightmare mate, I feel for all of you. Really really poor show by Audi in general. The lack of Comms/updates has been appalling.
Given some of the recent updates, you may see your car just before end of year, fingers crossed

Reactions: DaveW
Been lurking this thread for over a month now, figure I’ll add my woes to everyone else’s.

1.4 TFSI Black Edition/S-Tronic/Tech pack ordered May 31st on a hard to beat lease deal.

Nothing from my dealer. This thread has kept me more informed than anyone has at Audi.

Really annoyed I’ll likely be without a car for winter. Not looking forward taking the train to and from work considering the hours I do and the inevitable drop in temperature.

Exact same situation mate. My wife's lease goes back 21st Dec and there is no way I am letting her get the train etc in the dark so will be giving her the S5 and I will be on the train. Generally work 9-7 so won't be getting home till 830-0900 and have to leave the house at 7am. I put all this in a letter recorded delivery to Audi UK and was ignored

Fair play to the patience chaps, I would have gone elsewhere by now, great deal or not!

Reactions: cuke2u
Fair play to the patience chaps, I would have gone elsewhere by now, great deal or not!

Mine is running out though have to admit. Cannot extend our Polo GTI lease as it was already extended for a further 12 months to 3 years (wish I could its 134 a month!) so we will be a car down.

I have sent the following to Audi - under no illusions that it will make any difference. They way they are handling this (especially the lack of communication) is truly appalling....

----

I am writing regarding my new car order placed at the beginning of May. To date I have no confirmed delivery date with estimates moving progressively from October, November and now into December (I am assuming these are only estimates as no build week has been allocated and therefore could shift further to the right).

I understand there are significant production delays largely surrounding the testing / certification of vehicles for WLTP compliance, however what is compounding the problem and the negative customer perception is the almost total absence of communication from Audi. Therefore:
  • Please provide a statement / communication regarding significant delays on new car delivery – a scan of several internet forums shows that numerous others are in the same position and are equally unhappy.
  • I understand that the Ultra variant I ordered (2.0 TDI 190 S-Line Ultra S-Tronic Ultra) will no longer be available for MY19. Can you confirm which engine my car will be delivered with? Also, are the options I specified still available?
  • When will a build slot be confirmed
  • When will the WLTP emissions figures be available

Finally – this will be a company car and was selected at least partially on the basis of 109g Co2 emissions. Can you confirm where I stand if this increases significantly under WLTP, thus pushing me into a higher company cat tax bracket. Would I have the option to cancel?

I would like to stress that this complaint is in no way related to the service and communication I have received from Slough Audi. They have always been as helpful as possible whenever we have spoken. They are clearly working under difficult circumstances with little information being provided from them to pass on to customers.

I look forward to your response.

Reactions: unitzero, Hambee1234, Azonicds2 and 3 others