Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

@Nick_B

Regarding the question about tax brackets, WLTP and the right to cancel.

After ordering my A4 in May they sent me a letter mentioning the WLTP for me to read and sign. It mentioned the fact that the tax may be different to what it is now advertised at and I had the right to cancel if it changes after the new legislation.

I also had one recently after I cancelled the A4 and ordered an S3

I can scan this and upload if needs be so you can read it. Not sure if you signed one yourself after placing your order ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick_B
I’ve been told that Audi will accept cancellations of orders with no penalty. As I’m leasing I should have been liable for 3 months payments if I chose to cancel.

I ordered my A4 on 5th May for delivery end of September. Like others I to got a letter saying it would be delayed, maybe by a month. I checked with the local Audi garage and they said it is more than likely it will be March before it arrives. They have 20 A4s on order with no build date as yet.

I ordered my A4 on 5th May for delivery end of September. Like others I to got a letter saying it would be delayed, maybe by a month. I checked with the local Audi garage and they said it is more than likely it will be March before it arrives. They have 20 A4s on order with no build date as yet.
I'm in the exact same boat however my lease company is saying that they could come sooner. However I'm still looking at other offers since I can cancel this offer at anytime!

Hope they’re saying March as a ballpark estimate. I’ll be cancelling and ordering a Leon Cupra if so

The image of my chosen car has now changed to an Audi logo so that sounds like they are updating to the new facelift.

Attachments

• CC0451EF-ED46-41B2-8A8C-B92A97F139EA.jpeg
    CC0451EF-ED46-41B2-8A8C-B92A97F139EA.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 116
To add; the build options list is also showing high beam assist etc so looks like it’ll definitely be new facelift.

Audi execs told me this week that start of production is November so I should have a build week that month and delivery hopefully December?

To add; the build options list is also showing high beam assist etc so looks like it’ll definitely be new facelift.
I just upgraded my order from S-Line to Black Edition and have been told that it will be the facelift with folding mirrors and high-beam assist (which I hope can be switched off as it will drive me nuts). No change on the alloys choice. Yours will be the facelift.

Teamonsta, yeah, I have folding mirrors and high beam assist on my order that I never ordered. Not bothered though. Only issue I have is that I ordered 1.4 petrol, which I hear could be changed to a 2.0. Anybody have any update on that?

Teamonsta, yeah, I have folding mirrors and high beam assist on my order that I never ordered. Not bothered though. Only issue I have is that I ordered 1.4 petrol, which I hear could be changed to a 2.0. Anybody have any update on that?
That's right, same for me. Still 150ps so we're not getting any extra power!

1.4 is definitely going as I understand it.

First post from me but I’ve been closely following this thread for a while; it’s been very useful as since my order in May I’ve heard nothing at all from the dealership. I did order a 1.4 black edition manual (now to be the 2.0tfsi 150 as the 1.4 has 100% been binned off). Here’s hoping the new 2.0 engine is a worthwhile replacement as I’ve read from Autocar that the WLTP-complient 1.5 engine in the new gen Q3 is substandard to the old NEDC spec one, which wasn’t promising news to read.

One thing to add to the mix is that the A4 facelift is having it’s ‘official debut’ at the Paris Motor Show which starts next week on 2nd October. I’d imagine the specs, configurator etc for the updated model will finally update shortly afterwards...

This wait is becoming tedious though, I’m as frustrated as everyone else here. Shocking experience from a customer point of view all round. As has been said, the sound of silence on any official info is deafening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Donald, JonaP, NevMan and 1 other person
The 2.0l engine should be a EA888 Gen3, if it's the same as the one in my car and highly probable, although with lower output. You will like the smoothness, refinement and how quiet it is. Obviously without road tests we are not to know how the power delivery will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
The 2.0l engine should be a EA888 Gen3, if it's the same as the one in my car and highly probable, although with lower output. You will like the smoothness, refinement and how quiet it is. Obviously without road tests we are not to know how the power delivery will be.

Agree, have that in my Q5 (I think) in 252bhp guise, so MASSIVE upgrade potential if only running 150bhp.

With tuning box I am running just over 300 :icon thumright:

Reactions: cuke2u
It will be harder to get anywhere near your figures with a 150ps, I reckon it would be good for about another 70p though. Much also depends much upon the torque output, which we don't know yet..

Reactions: NevMan
It will be harder to get anywhere near your figures with a 150ps, I reckon it would be good for about another 70p though. Much also depends much upon the torque output, which we don't know yet..
agree, probably some different hardware (turbo etc) involved, but all the same, a very solid and well used engine across range

Reactions: cuke2u
@Nick_B

Regarding the question about tax brackets, WLTP and the right to cancel.

After ordering my A4 in May they sent me a letter mentioning the WLTP for me to read and sign. It mentioned the fact that the tax may be different to what it is now advertised at and I had the right to cancel if it changes after the new legislation.

I also had one recently after I cancelled the A4 and ordered an S3

I can scan this and upload if needs be so you can read it. Not sure if you signed one yourself after placing your order ?

@unitzero Thanks for this, I was not given any letter to read and sign, however the company car team have confirmed I do have the right to cancel. I am fully expecting the CO2 figures to jump under the new NEDC correlated test (which I understand is the precursor to true WLTP). How much remains to be seen - Audi are so behind on this (BMW for example had all the new figures by March this year).

Looks like my order has been converted to the 2019 model. Bit concerned that Panoramic Sunroof has disappeared from my my options along with extended LED interior pack. An option called "Big Roof System" has appeared now I wonder if this is the new designation for the pan roof. Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks

Looks like my order has been converted to the 2019 model. Bit concerned that Panoramic Sunroof has disappeared from my my options along with extended LED interior pack. An option called "Big Roof System" has appeared now I wonder if this is the new designation for the pan roof. Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks

e41f444898f2f0a1b591c46cbd83e290.png

With additional lights (interior lighting) is probs the extended led lights...

Reactions: NevMan and DaveW
e41f444898f2f0a1b591c46cbd83e290.png

With additional lights (interior lighting) is probs the extended led lights...

The same as mine too - thanks for the info. It would just be my luck to wait so long for the car to be the wrong spec.
Can anyone with a pan roof on order confirm if it's showing as "Big Roof System" on their spec?

Done a search on the product code
MDEI3FU and it has returned the pan roof - phew!

Reactions: AntNut
I think you’re being paranoid.

What else could a “big roof system” be !?

Reactions: DaveW and NevMan
Mine says additional lights but I haven't ordered the extended lights. Tbh... I wouldn't believe much of it yet if going by what it says on mine..... 14" tyres on 19" alloys.

Reactions: JDotz96 and DaveW
Mine says additional lights but I haven't ordered the extended lights. Tbh... I wouldn't believe much of it yet if going by what it says on mine..... 14" tyres on 19" alloys.

Unless the ‘additional lights (interior lighting)’ is not standard...

Unless the ‘additional lights (interior lighting)’ is not standard...

Looks like you're right:

{
"subParentLabel": "LCP",
"productId": "MLCPQQ2",
"name": "With additional lights (interior lighting)",
"displayable": true,
"standard": false
},
I've googled the code MLCPQQ2 and it brings back ambient lighting package.
I am being paranoid, just don't trust Audi at the moment...

Looks like you're right:

{
},

After reading that, im pretty certain it is the extended ambient lighting package, just need the proper spec sheet out!!

Looks like you're right:

{
},

http://www.audi.com.my/sea/web/my/models/a4/a4-saloon.mediathek_infolayer.MLCPQQ2.html

It is the extended lighting package as the link above (note MLCPQQ2 in the html)

Reactions: DaveW
Finally had some information from my lease company, had a provisional date for my car - build date of W/C 3rd Dec and a delivery date of W/C 31st Dec but this isn’t set in stone yet & this could come forward or go backwards - hope not backwards!

Reactions: DaveW and NevMan

Audi execs told me this week that start of production is November so I should have a build week that month and delivery hopefully December?

Finally had some information from my lease company, had a provisional date for my car - build date of W/C 3rd Dec and a delivery date of W/C 31st Dec but this isn’t set in stone yet & this could come forward or go backwards - hope not backwards!

When did you order Gavin.

I ordered 3rd May for A4 Black edition 1.4 petrol. Being changed to 2.0 I believe.
Wonder if mine will be the same.

Last edited:

I had a build date of 14jan (unconfirmed) and last week it went back to 10th december (unconfirmed) hopefully it goes back again!

9th April here and not a sausage....

Reactions: JDotz96, JonaP and Simonwhite2000
Order now cancelled.
Getting a V60 instead. Not as engaging but I don’t do many miles, just need a big boot for the
Really nice looking car and a very close second to the Audi. Difference is this will be delivered in November.

Reactions: unitzero and DaveW
Out of interest, if any of you ordered another car before, how soon do you normally get a build week?
I was willing to trust that the salesman acted in good faith that the car would be delivered in September but if some of you ordered 2 month before me and are only getting build weeks now that casts doubt on that belief.

Out of interest, if any of you ordered another car before, how soon do you normally get a build week?
I was willing to trust that the salesman acted in good faith that the car would be delivered in September but if some of you ordered 2 month before me and are only getting build weeks now that casts doubt on that belief.
I've usually had to wait 3-4 months from order to delivery for my last 3 new Audis. Not really noticed how long it's taken for me to get a build week though.
Dave