Hella accelerator pedals. Any thoughts?

milkyjoe01

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Hella accelerator pedals? They are considerably cheaper than O.E.M. but i'm not sure of the quality. I did think that maybe they made them for V.A.G & then V.A.G. just stuck their sticker on it, upped the price & called it O.E.M. A bit like a recent experience of mine with a GKN C.V. joint. GKN make them for Audi & Audi brand them & sell them for a lot more than a GKN part, even though the GKN part is pretty much the same product!!

theres 3 layers to car parts.
OE (original equipment), OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and aftermarket. car manufacters assemble other companies parts, either to specfication or off the shelf, so what you are describing is normal.

OE is what came on the car from the factory, usually produced by an OEM with the car makers logos/part numbers applied.

OEM is made by the same companies which made the OE part, or by other companies who make OE parts for other makes/models but not necessarily the part on your car. Generally the quality will be just as good as the OE.

Aftermarket is parts made by companies who do not supply to car producers, and parts can vary in quality from substandard to better than OE spec eg. chinese noname brake pads=substandard, powerflex bushes=superior to OE.

Usually what youll find is that the OE part, as you found with the cv joint, will be also retailed by the OEM of that part for a lot less than you can get it for at the dealer. ive read on other forums of some parts by lemforder made for mercs, that when sold under the lemforder brand retail, simply have the mercedes logo ground off.

Hella are an OEM, so the quality should be good

why are you after a pedal out of interest?

Mine has an irritating clicking sound when it’s released & it’s quite scratched. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to things being just right & after just buying a new A3 Black Edition that is in almost showroom condition, I would like to get a new pedal or it will bug me but because it’s not broken & not in need of replacing I can’t really justify spending £90 on an Audi pedal but £50 for a brand new Hella pedal isn’t too bad IMO. I would ideally like S3 pedals or just the caps but they’re so expensive just for a bit of metal that doesn’t bolt on but just clips on & I can’t see how repeated use isn’t going to work them loose. So in your opinion a Hella pedal would be very similar in quality to the OEM pedal & Hella may even make the pedals for Audi as I know for a fact they make the throttle bodies for Audi. Thanks for your input buddy.

You can get the real thing from a Skoda dealer for £50. Search my post history.

Can you narrow it down a little as you have 331 posts to search through to find the 1 you are referring to about the Skoda pedal. Appreciated.