Switched live

Tonye60

Reaction score
Just bought a blackvue Dashcam, it was reduced in halfords to £135. I’m going to hardware It up to the fuse box in the passenger footwell, I have a female cigarette lighter adapter. Does anyone know what spare fuse is switched live, I’m not to bothered about the camera recording when the vehicle is parked. Thanks.

The Audi tech at my dealer said that the 15A bank of fuses are switched live and the 30A fuses are all permanent live). Test the banks with a multimeter to determine which ones are switched and what ones are permanent. Pages 406 to 408 of the owner's manual (8W0012720AE) show the fuse banks. I wired mine into the passenger side fuse bank. Behind the trim on that side is a nice earthing point.

Thanks, didnt want to bother with the power magic pro device

Hi all
bank 2 permanent live for park mode
bank 4 switched live

use 5 amp if using a piggy back fuse..

Webpnet resizeimage

Reactions: Daggerit, WesT-gefül and Happy Grumpz
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life. Attempting a hard wire myself on A4 B9, however, from Manitys photo (which I have kind of copied) I am seeing issues where parking mode wont start and everytime stop start kicks in the dashcam (Mini 0906) turns off.

My wiring is for mini 0906 camera.
Bank D > Fuse 4 (5amp) ACC
Bank B > Fuse 14 (20 amp) supposed to be perm live.....

Manitys photo shows:
Bank D > Fuse 4 5amp) ACC
Bank B Fuse 3 is battery perm live, which is the lumbar support, tested as perm live, but for how long after car is locked?

I tested out locking myself in the car and the lumbar support still works for 5 mins or so, so thinking this is a perm live all of the time.... And it's 7.5 amps so wonder if this is my issue. Bank 14 > Fuse 14 is not perm live.

hi mate havent had any problems with my cam both park mode and normal mode seem fine so far.

Reactions: Logicpro8_user
Thanks Manity. Strange thing is, I am using same fuse locations as you, but my camera says to have red wire in perm live, yellow in switched live, opposite from your set up. Still seeing issues with start and stop and parking mode not turning on. I suspect now that the battery low voltage protection box is set to high at 12.4 v and it is reading that the battery has less than this and is turning off. Do you have one of these protection boxes as well? what is it set to?.

I'm also facing the same issue but I haven't had a need for parking mode yet. 12V limit, but powers down a few seconds after the car is shut off. I didn't do much diagnosing though, maybe the wires are the wrong way around (despite the labels saying they're correct).

If I remember il check what mine is set up/plugged in too. I’ve not had issues with the start stop turning the camera off..

I have start stop disabled so that isn’t an issue for me, only parking mode

Capture
Thanks Manity. Strange thing is, I am using same fuse locations as you, but my camera says to have red wire in perm live, yellow in switched live, opposite from your set up. Still seeing issues with start and stop and parking mode not turning on. I suspect now that the battery low voltage protection box is set to high at 12.4 v and it is reading that the battery has less than this and is turning off. Do you have one of these protection boxes as well? what is it set to?.
hi no i dont have one of those boxes just wired direct. also start stop has no affect on mine.

Last edited:
I figured it out after all. I had the battery protection box set to 12.4 or 12.6v, set it to 12v like Cuke2U mentioned and it works fine on parking mode now. I get about 5 hours from recording, then the battery must get to 12v and ther cam cuts off, usually before midnight. So parking mode is good for shop trips etc, but for overnight parking its not that good. There is no mention of dashcams working 24/7 anyway. I am sure they are intended for this reason.

Start Stop... I done a test where I drive like normal to work, dash cam turned on like normal, was on all the way until I stopped in rush hour traffic, start stop kicked in, cam powered down. This only happens sometimes!, I take it when the battery is close to 12v. If the battery is say 12.4/5/6/ volts then on start stop the cam never powers down. Obviously related to the battery protection box. If I removed it, I think all of these issues would go away..But I may need a jump start in the morning :)

Reactions: cuke2u and Kondax
I also switched my parking mode to timelapse to get more life from the dashcam.....

Reactions: Logicpro8_user
Thanks for letting me know, I'll switch to TL as well see how things go. I am almost certain that the recent dashcam fuse install i have done is to blame for my MMI issues over at https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/warranty-repair-to-a-c-digital-display.407694/#post-3515946 Today while driving the MMI systems rebooted randomly, no blue screen this time but very usual, all started after wiring the dashcam in to fuse box. I may need to rethink my fuse locations or check the MMI 20A fuse.