8V Newbie with a few questions

silvester_t

Reaction score
Finally managed to find the right used S3 and after a week's wait that felt like forever got to pick it up today. Had it only 12 hours and have loved every minute in it. Had an 8P S3, but troble with the dealerships near me put off the brand (temporarily) and bought a Mercedes E class coupe. Within a month or two I knew I wanted another S3 and my love of the brand was back! 10 months later and I am here. Have been reading these forums over the months only cemented the idea I was making the right choice.

I am obviously new to the Audi Drive Select system and was wondering if this was me and my long arms or the car itself... In dynamic mode does it fluctuate between normal Drive and sport mode, depending on driving style or like I said, have I knocked something?

Been trying to find some information using the search but only found others doing it, No guides or write ups. I have the Auto dimming mirror, light and rain sensors, and the rearview mirror with the larger bezel. Is it possible to change it out for a frameless rear view mirror, as found on the facelift model(?) that supports all these features, with ease? Love the interior but find the one I have at the minute a little chunky and out of place.

Once again thank you all for keeping me reading throughout the months!!

IMG 000000 000000

Reactions: Jassyo06, Pook and Jcbmally
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice s3. Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Jassyo06
Dynamic model is full on attack mode. Auto mode changes on the fly depending on driving style but it's not instantaneous.
When you start the engine the next day you need to reselect the mode you want, no matter if it appears to be already set to the one you want. This because the safety features in the car always put the engine in comfort mode upon restart.

Dynamic model is full on attack mode. Auto mode changes on the fly depending on driving style but it's not instantaneous.
When you start the engine the next day you need to reselect the mode you want, no matter if it appears to be already set to the one you want. This because the safety features in the car always put the engine in comfort mode upon restart.

Just wondering, could you program it to be set indefinitely?