Dent removal - how small is too small?

Jonnie

Reaction score
So despite my efforts of leaving as much space as possible a complete reprobate banged their car door into mine leaving a tiny but noticible dimple.

Is it possible to repair such a small ding? I’ve Googled PDR companies and none have photos of damage this small on their site.

6F7E46C6 6206 463A B2C6 3DC2634B1096

I cant see any reason why they wouldn't do it but it could be rather expenseive

Reactions: Jonnie
I've had a similar one repaired, as long at the paint isn't broken - Dent Devils did mine £120 - can't see it at all now

I cant see any reason why they wouldn't do it but it could be rather expenseive

I don’t mind it being expensive, just wondered if they could work on such a small area

I’ll give a company a call tomorrow, cheers

Your local dealer will have a paintless sent removal tech that visits once a week,
I've just had one similer removed out if my vxr for £20

Reactions: Jonnie and Gazwould
Your local dealer will have a paintless sent removal tech that visits once a week,
I've just had one similer removed out if my vxr for £20

Local Audi dealer? Or just any old car dealer. If they could do it for £20 I’d be over the moon

So despite my efforts of leaving as much space as possible a complete reprobate banged their car door into mine leaving a tiny but noticible dimple.

Is it possible to repair such a small ding? I’ve Googled PDR companies and none have photos of damage this small on their site.

View attachment 158758
Is that a mirror?

Reactions: Raiden and Jonnie
Local Audi dealer? Or just any old car dealer. If they could do it for £20 I’d be over the moon
Any dealer will do, audi will have one also

Your car appears to be chrome plated which might be a problem :)

Dealers just call in a mobile dent van anyway, same when they do the wheels. + side is they will lend you a car.

Your car appears to be chrome plated which might be a problem :)

Dealers just call in a mobile dent van anyway, same when they do the wheels. + side is they will lend you a car.

Aha yeah the reflectiveness is making the dent far more noticeable annoyingly

I’ve had two quotes from “WhoCanFixMyCar.com” one for £75 and one for £500, so I’ll give Audi a call and see what they say.

well as usual a different approach and I am ready to get some criticism. Heat the area with a hair dryer moving slightly around the area for 3-4 minutes. Take a can of compressed air like the one used to clean computers. turn the can upside down and spray it for around a minute. It will freeze and when it melts the dent will pop out

well as usual a different approach and I am ready to get some criticism. Heat the area with a hair dryer moving slightly around the area for 3-4 minutes. Take a can of compressed air like the one used to clean computers. turn the can upside down and spray it for around a minute. It will freeze and when it melts the dent will pop out

Cheers for the tip I’ll guve it a go, even if it doesn’t work I can’t see it doing any damage