Sportback Hardwire for Thinkware dashcam

Topcat1910

Reaction score
Some low life has caught the front of my bumper (booked in to be fixed next week) and not left any details so I have bought a dash cam off amazon to be delivered tomorrow. I’d like it to work while parked so I know it will have to be hardwired, I have seen on the forum that people have used the 12v lighter fuse for the permanent but what is being used for the ignition live?

I don’t have a multi meter so fuse numbers would be a great help thank you

Some low life has caught the front of my bumper (booked in to be fixed next week) and not left any details so I have bought a dash cam off amazon to be delivered tomorrow. I’d like it to work while parked so I know it will have to be hardwired, I have seen on the forum that people have used the 12v lighter fuse for the permanent but what is being used for the ignition live?

I don’t have a multi meter so fuse numbers would be a great help thank you
Use the 20amp yellow 12v socket fuse for your switched ignition live and any of the empty mini fuse slots on the top row for your battery / permanent live.

Reactions: Ben E
Use the 20amp yellow 12v socket fuse for your switched ignition live and any of the empty mini fuse slots on the top row for your battery / permanent live.

Superstar thank you! Hoping it comes with a mini fuse tap as I think they are both regular it comes with, if thats the case think my only other option would be to extend the wire and wire it direct to the battery

Realised I had no glass fuse carriers to wire straight to the battery but halfords stock the mini add a fuse so will be sorted!

Thanks for the help!

All the mini fuses on the top row are used, I have empty mini on the second row would any of those be okay to use?

All the mini fuses on the top row are used, I have empty mini on the second row would any of those be okay to use?
Yup :)

The f the kit does not come with a mini then pop to Halfords and buy one. Way easier than running power To the battery.

Reactions: Ben E