Red oil pressure light

kieran lloyd

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know it's normally the dreaded light but mine only comes on when pushing it a little bit round a roundabout. No other times

And it doesn't happen all the time? Any ideas?

have you checked the oil level with the engine warm, unless you have a faulty pressure switch then it will be low oil .

I haven't checked it since actually. I no I have a faulty oil level sensor that I will be replacing within the next couple of weeks

The TFSI guys seem quite relaxed about getting a low oil pressure light.

In the 1.8t it usually means game over.....

I am super carefull and check oil levels weekly without fail, oil change every 10k max ,but yes some owners don't relise how much oil these tfsi's can use .

It sounds like you possibly have a jammed oil pick up tube. Either way red is bad and you should not be driving your car if you can help it. Especially if it's coming on regularly. Definitely check your oil level. I'm normally not one to be over cautious with things but I would be very careful with that warning.

I am super carefull and check oil levels weekly without fail, oil change every 10k max ,but yes some owners don't relise how much oil these tfsi's can use .

Soon as my TFSI oil pressure light come on mid corner I pulled over, checked oil level and cleared codes. Light came back on 2 mins later so I put it on a flatbed.

Hopefully converting mine to a modified 1.8t pump this weekend as a preventative measure will help longevity.

I ordered a Bluetooth obd2 reader to communicate with the torque app on my stereo screen so i’m hoping I can see oil pressure on that in real time for future reference.

I ordered a Bluetooth obd2 reader to communicate with the torque app on my stereo screen so i’m hoping I can see oil pressure on that in real time for future reference.

Further reading says there’s no oil pressure sensor to get readings from, only a switch for when its low.