Stick or twist?

S.line.Mark

Reaction score
Hello

New to forum but long time A4 driver

I currently have a A4 2.0 TDI S Line model 9.5 years old (reg Dec 2008). Had it for 6 years and it’s had the EGR replaced about 2 years ago. The previous EGR caused DPF issues resulting in a forced regen by mechanics. Since then all good. It’s got 155k miles and running smooth. I have a new job meaning I will do 25k per annum in miles and I am worrying how much longer the DPF will last? The big miles help with regen but the age of DPF concerns me. I run in BP ultra diesel on the idea that it helps (not sure but can’t make it worse) Any thoughts on whether to change or stick with it? Ideally I would like to run it for 3 years (75k) then change. Will the DPF last that long?

I know of a few cars on their original DPFs with 200k+ miles on them without issues.

Regular 10k oil changes with the correct oil and good runs is all you need.

Thanks Darren. I have thrashed Google for an answer to no avail. There seems to be no average amount for A4 DPF life. Probably because there are too many scenarios. That said any input is appreciated.

I currently own an A6 2.0tdi c7 which has 221k not once had any problems with the DPF, I have a full service every 17k. I do a lot of motorway miles but if I do some short trips I give it a blast through the Rev range to help out.