AdBlue engine light, emissions?

Star2k8

Reaction score
Hi.
Currently had the AdBlue indicator come on, knowing it's not a critical but may can slighty change the emissions I drove for the next 2days, soon after the engine light came on been to fill up with AdBlue today and done a few town miles but the light is still there...
Does it take awhile for it to self adjust?
I don't want to go pay 50+ on diagnostics for someone just to say it's the AdBlue. Thanks

I was a bit worried I would run out so bought a 25 Litre drum as capacity of Saloon + Avant is 17 Litres when it came to 7,000 miles on clock - Audi said you should get 9,000 miles between refill - light comes on when you have 1500 miles to go. Only took 10 Litres to fill.

I read some where on the internet when looking at Adblue ( first car with this stuff ) - reset can on some models / years be done by leaving the ignition on for 30 sec + without starting - maybe an old wives tale.

If sensor has failed after going to low - a new one if under warrantee ( your car looks quite new ) ?

Audi reset in ECU ?

A bit more AdBlue - how much did you put in ?

Last edited:
I was a bit worried I would run out so bought a 25 Litre drum as capacity of Saloon + Avant is 17 Litres when it came to 7,000 miles on clock - Audi said you should get 9,000 miles between refill - light comes on when you have 1500 miles to go. Only took 10 Litres to fill.

I read some where on the internet when looking at Adblue ( first car with this stuff ) - reset can on some models / years be done by leaving the ignition on for 30 sec + without starting - maybe an old wives tale.

If sensor has failed after going to low - a new one if under warrantee ( your car looks quite new ) ?

Audi reset in ECU ?

A bit more AdBlue - how much did you put in ?

It's not the AdBlue indicator that is still on, it's the engine light that came on soon after and has stayed on after the refill. I put 10 litres in.

forums are a great place to find stuff out and a great source of information, but imho if my engine light came on the car would go straight to a dealers.
it well may be related to the adblue but could also be coincidental and something else has malfunctioned. from what i have read the engine may go into limp mode if you ignore the adblue warning, but that is somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6k miles.
you could also check the VCDS map to see if there is anyone close to you if the car is out of warranty

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...mbed&ie=UTF8&mid=1M8YUWXBDCxcIynV6WHg3zpxWsx8