Pipe werx downpipe with decat

M

markbrown87

Anyone bought and fitted one recently?

I have a Carista OBD dongle and want to know if I buy the downpipe and decat if I can clear any lights on dash?

Any other known issues would be appreciated, was hoping to go a while without a remap - is this ok to run this way?

Cheers guys

I haven’t seen too much mention of the Pipewerx DP on the 8p platform but it’s fairly common and well reviewed on the 8L boards.

If you run decat then you will get the check light. You will be able to clear it with Carista but it will come back (every x miles or maybe 4 engine cycles). You can either space the 02 sensor out (out if the exhaust flow) or get it mapped out.

Only other issue will be at MOT time unless you plan on fitting a cat for the MOT.

Cheers mate, that’s really helpful.

MOT time is a bit of a concen as hassle changing the decat for the cat.

If i get a map done will it clear it for good? Won’t the map be affected if I ever go back to running the cat?

Yep, they'll map out the error as part of the process.

If you can find a friendly MOT Tester then you may be ok however it's the emission test that may cause the issues.

If you get it mapped for decat, you'll be ok to run a cat for the MOT and change back. To be honest I don't know if there would be any issues running the car permanently (after a decat map).