Revo CAIS Filter Fail

Major_S3

Reaction score
As above, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar failure on their revo cais filter, have had the system installed for 2years/6000 miles so I find it pretty poor for a filter to fail to this extent (never had issues using K/N style filters in the past) and was wondering if anyone is running a different filter on the end of their intake or has any recommendations for a better filter setup, Cheers
DSC 0678 min
DSC 0677 min
DSC 0674 min

I had the same issue with mine. Try contacting Revo and see if they will replace it FOC

Reactions: Major_S3
Cotton green filter with a 90mm inlet Reverse cone also Revo rubber coupler not needed. Not sure if you can still fit the Revo heatshield. Then to make it a perfect fit I cut about 1cm off the end of the Revo pipe just to make totally sure it did not touch the coolant elbow underneath.
638DBA76 15EB 425B 9B3C B87886967234
You may think a lot of messing about but I was keen to stop the foam cone rubbing on the back of the headlight and also I heard from 2 tuners that the foam crumbles over time and bits can get sucked into the turbo
5C024DB0 C01E 4646 A806 D6858F59B64E

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and Major_S3
Cheers guys, have fired an email off to revo and I'll see what they say, will probably go down prt57s route as I can only see it happening again with a new one.

Cotton green filter with a 90mm inlet Reverse cone also Revo rubber coupler not needed. Not sure if you can still fit the Revo heatshield. Then to make it a perfect fit I cut about 1cm off the end of the Revo pipe just to make totally sure it did not touch the coolant elbow underneath. View attachment 161233 You may think a lot of messing about but I was keen to stop the foam cone rubbing on the back of the headlight and also I heard from 2 tuners that the foam crumbles over time and bits can get sucked into the turbo View attachment 161232
That looks really neat. Do you know the part number for that engine cover?

That looks really neat. Do you know the part number for that engine cover?

I am not where the car is at the moment but the cover is from a TTS. The cover can be bought easily but Audi don’t want you to use it so they will not sell the 2 rear long ball headed mounting bolts. Luckily, I got hold of a pair from Germany just as they started to clamp down.
However, AKS sell the whole kit including aftermarket rear bolts. Make sure you do not over tighten them.
Avoid the bolts from Creation motorsport as they are made from an inferior alloy and people have had them snap off in the cylinder head leaving a big job to get them out.
The cover can be used with most of the aftermarket air intakes. However with the VWR the biscuit tin catches on the corner and so requires a bit of filing.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove