Tuning box

MartinHudson6

Reaction score
Been looking at a tuning box for my 2.0 tdi. Anyone used one? Good stories\horror stories? Any experience appreciated.

I don’t have a tuning box but unless you still have warranty on the car then I would definitely go for a proper remap.

I have a Revo on my 2.0tdi A6 and what a difference it made.
Didn’t give anything extra in the way of Mpg to be honest but I wanted the extra power for when I had a fully loaded car as I felt the engine didn’t have enough.

I now have 213 bhp, 346ftlb of torque. Also reliability has been amazing. Remapped at 100k, I’m now on 223k everything enginewise is original serviced every 15k.

Reactions: MartinHudson6
I've run them on 3 different cars. Not as good as a fully fledged remap but worthwhile. Just make sure you get a decent one.

On my 5 series diesel and Golf R I used DTUK multi channle tuning boxes. In the BM I did 60K in it in 2 years and I thrashed the pants of that car with no issues at all. In the Golf R I ran it for 5K miles as the ECU on them hadn;t been cracked. I then took the car to stage 2 so the tuning box went.

I also bought a TMC tuning box for my s6, very good but decided I wanted to take the car further so went for a remap.

So to paraphrase the multi channel ones are very good. DTUK seem better than most but I would look at TMC for your Audi.

I've run them on 3 different cars. Not as good as a fully fledged remap but worthwhile. Just make sure you get a decent one.

On my 5 series diesel and Golf R I used DTUK multi channle tuning boxes. In the BM I did 60K in it in 2 years and I thrashed the pants of that car with no issues at all. In the Golf R I ran it for 5K miles as the ECU on them hadn;t been cracked. I then took the car to stage 2 so the tuning box went.

I also bought a TMC tuning box for my s6, very good but decided I wanted to take the car further so went for a remap.

So to paraphrase the multi channel ones are very good. DTUK seem better than most but I would look at TMC for your Audi.
Thanks for the insight. Im
Not looking to do much to it engine wise as is my daily. Dtuk was one of options i looked at. More reaearch required