Remove shine off the dyed leather

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
Hi,
I dyed worn parts of the seats with Gliptone Scuffmaster dye last weekend. Gliptone sent me the soul black dye that was darker and shinier than the original so I ordered and put white pigment and matt enhancer into the mix. I tried it on a hidden place on the under side of the rear head rest and the color looked spot on. It didn't when I finally applied it on the seats. After 4 thin coats, it looks darker and, even worse, shinier than the genuine soul black. Is it possible to remove the shine of the new dye or should I re-color it again, adding more matt enhancer? Is there a way to achieve the desired matt look without dyeing the seats again?

Hi,
I dyed worn parts of the seats with Gliptone Scuffmaster dye last weekend. Gliptone sent me the soul black dye that was darker and shinier than the original so I ordered and put white pigment and matt enhancer into the mix. I tried it on a hidden place on the under side of the rear head rest and the color looked spot on. It didn't when I finally applied it on the seats. After 4 thin coats, it looks darker and, even worse, shinier than the genuine soul black. Is it possible to remove the shine of the new dye or should I re-color it again, adding more matt enhancer? Is there a way to achieve the desired matt look without dyeing the seats again?
Why don't you contact colour lock leather company there probably the best folks to answer and resolve your problem mate

Why don't you contact colour lock leather company there probably the best folks to answer and resolve your problem mate
I will, thank you. But how to ensure their dye matches better than Glipton's in terms of color and matt level?

I will, thank you. But how to ensure their dye matches better than Glipton's in terms of color and matt level?
They can supply you with the exact match in colour and also advise on the application of there own products they work with the motoring industry

Reactions: dp_motley
They can supply you with the exact match in colour and also advise on the application of there own products they work with the motoring industry
I should definitely message them.

Reactions: Jassyo06