Cleaning minor surface scratches

Scott Petrie

Reaction score
Hi
My car is Kosmos Blue, not a colour I would have picked but I got a good deal so couldnt say no. Ive noticed you can see literally every single mark on it. Round the door handles especially theres some light surface scratches. I think its from finger nails, rings etc. , but if the sun shines on it it’s noticeable and annoying me. Anyone got any suggestions for cleaning it up? Like I say its something you would never see on another colour but being the colour it is and metallic, you see it.

I find G3 scratch remover works best. Make sure you use a damp pad when applying, adding more and more water for a good finish

Hi
My car is Kosmos Blue, not a colour I would have picked but I got a good deal so couldnt say no. Ive noticed you can see literally every single mark on it. Round the door handles especially theres some light surface scratches. I think its from finger nails, rings etc. , but if the sun shines on it it’s noticeable and annoying me. Anyone got any suggestions for cleaning it up? Like I say its something you would never see on another colour but being the colour it is and metallic, you see it.
There's a cosmos blue A3 just down the road from my house and the paint is in terrible condition marring/holograms/swirls so it does show up every paint defect.....go buy 2 microfibre polishing pads halfords and some super resin polish a cheap fix indeed total cost £16 and some microfibre buffing cloths to remove the super resin polish
There are a lot more solutions but they are more expensive mate

Reactions: voorhees and Phutters
I have a Cosmos Blue car too. I bought it at 18months old not my first choice but the only car that had close to the spec I wanted that I didn’t have to wait 12months for delivery ! I have had it for a couple of months and I like the colour when it is clean but the paint does seem to show up everything ! It also seems really soft the front end is picking up stone chips and imperfections where it looks like the paint has been pushed it’s weird.

Previous cars have never had theses problems .

I need to find a solution long term and am considering just getting it wrapped but have no experience with wrapping especially in the longevity of it

I heard of vp3 , it has good reviews and if used with a ds6 it removes light scratches, i have a blue A3 and it’s in need of a good polish as well so might try this, have to find an old panel to learn

go buy 2 microfibre polishing pads halfords and some super resin polish
I'd bypass Halfords and go anywhere in the world but Autoglyms super resin polish is the daddy