Buying advice

JJ_2018

Reaction score
Hi all, new member so apologies if this is in the wrong place; but I assumed you lot know more than most about the true value of a particular A3 than most.

Looking at buying my first Audi! Just wondered what would be a decent price to get it for? I know it’s main dealer so I can’t expect much but do you think it’s a £25,000 car or a £24,000 car?

I enquired last week and the true mileage is 7k if that helps.

Thanks all in advance!
J
https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...,27500|1070,2017|1209,Zi7/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

So it’s a well specced S-Line saloon. Ex-demo presumably.
So it’s pretty much a commodity.
To answer your question, the true value is as much as the dealer can get for it and as little as someone will pay for it.:whistle2:

But I would say that £25.5K is a reasonable price. Maybe you will be able to get a discount, but probably not as much as a new one.
These ex-demo cars are often very little less than a new one after discount.

Reactions: JJ_2018
That's a very very nicely optioned car as the old saying goes "if ye don't ask ye don't get" it's got around £3k worth of optional extras on it..... I am pretty sure it'll get snapped up quickly by someone else if you don't want it

If you agree to take the car in August you maybe to squeeze some extra discount. Dealers struggle to meet sales targets in August as everyone is waiting for the new registration on the 1st of Sept.

Regarding the value, workout what the car would cost including the options then take off 20% for the Vat which doesn't apply to a used car. This is a rough way to judge how good the price is. It's got 7k miles on which you need to take a bit off for.

Either way it's a nice spec car, as said above I'd expect it to sell quickly

If you agree to take the car in August you maybe to squeeze some extra discount. Dealers struggle to meet sales targets in August as everyone is waiting for the new registration on the 1st of Sept.

Regarding the value, workout what the car would cost including the options then take off 20% for the Vat which doesn't apply to a used car. This is a rough way to judge how good the price is. It's got 7k miles on which you need to take a bit off for.

Either way it's a nice spec car, as said above I'd expect it to sell quickly
The 20% vat is irrelevant on a approved used Audi mate

Thanks for all your advice guys it’s much appreciated! Went for a test drive yesterday and all seemed well with it. There was a scuff on the alloy which he said he would take care of, but effectively a decent car.

I got it down to 24k, will post pics in the forum once it’s bought and paid for.

Cheers!

Reactions: Adam14, Jassyo06 and TYb
Thanks for all your advice guys it’s much appreciated! Went for a test drive yesterday and all seemed well with it. There was a scuff on the alloy which he said he would take care of, but effectively a decent car.

I got it down to 24k, will post pics in the forum once it’s bought and paid for.

Cheers!

Congrats.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The 20% vat is irrelevant on a approved used Audi mate

Why is that ?

My understanding (which I admit maybe wrong) is that a dealer can register a car for use as demonstrate / pool car but they have to hold it in stock for 6 months, only then can they sell the car as used which avoids the 20% VAT payment to HMRC. The 6 month rule prevents dealers pre registering stock cars and then selling them a few days later at a huge discount (which in reality is the missing VAT payment owed to HMRC)

They don't have to hold on to them for 6 months now, in the past yeah, go on the approved Audi site and you'll some really high optioned S3's in the £40k plus mark that are less than 6 month old
2 cars l spotted a wee while back, had a almost identical spec to my car,including exclusive paint and the asking price for these where roughly £43/44k where £47/48k new so no vat subtracted