Retrofit front sensors to get parking display

J_C

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum. Just got a 2018 A3 sportback S line.

Was a bit shocked to find that when reversing it only has the audible beep and no display. Have been reading around and seems that in facelift models such as 2018 its not possible to activate the display using VCDS.

I read that a solution is to retrofit front sensors and then the display system can be activated. I'd like to get the display activated in the easiest way possible.

Is this correct? Has anyone done it? Anyone know a good company offering it? I'm based in Leeds.

Appreciate any help and advice. Thanks.

If its genuine sensor install needed then send me a pm.

Click my name, should show an option.

Hi. Can anybody tell me the adsption / code please to activate auto activation of front parking sensors .facelift a3 8v oem set up .thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Some russian dude installed a parking sensor module from a version with visual parking system (front+rear sensors) and he didn't install front sensors but it still activated visual parking sensor.

Hi. Can anybody tell me the adsption / code please to activate auto activation of front parking sensors .facelift a3 8v oem set up .thanks

Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG Access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> select function 07
Byte 2
Bit 0 - visualization of parking aid - activate

Do you mean activate without button press?

Thanks ice kay
NHN yes without buttin press and reverse selected .on my tt 8s it comes on automatically when slowed down to approx 15mph.
Thanks

Reactions: NHN
Thanks ice kay
NHN yes without buttin press and reverse selected .on my tt 8s it comes on automatically when slowed down to approx 15mph.
Thanks

Why Audi didn't make this adaptable on all there cars in setup menus is beyond me, get fedup having to press lol

They had it in a ford cmax 04 & it was great for family member.

Is this coding pfl and fl or are they different . Thanks

Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG Access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> select function 07
Byte 2
Bit 0 - visualization of parking aid - activate
This is visual parking display, what was requested was Parking Sensor Auto activation:

10 - Park Assist
SaC = 71679
Long coding
Byte 3
Bit 4 = Active

Thanks dj alix
Will you answer a question re tt 8s footwell lighting on here which I believe is the same platform as the fl.