Order Delay

BlackEdition

Reaction score
I’d be interested in people’s views on my situation.....

I agreed a lease deal on a 1.4tfsi A5 Sportback S Line back in April, with delivery due 1st week of September. I found out today that the car doesn’t even have a build slot yet, and the dealer is now estimating November or December for delivery! To say I’m mighty ****** off is an understatement!

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m actually losing confidence in them - I think I read somewhere on here that the 1.4 is being discontinued, so I may not even get it anyway?

I’m actually thinking of cancelling and going elsewhere - there are good deals on 4series Gran Coupes at the moment.

Firstly, you won't get the 1.4 - it's been discontinued for MY19 shipping from now, well, last month. The 1.5 has replaced it. There is a thread on 2019MY changes. For the A5 is added kit, slightly and new, slightly, changed alloys.

As for build - yep! Ordered 2nd February, promised for mid May. Mid April, without a build week, it moved to mid June with a build week - and then to the end of August for delivery! I was frustrated. I was going through a broker. Broker haggled the dealer who intern gave me a "priority" build slot. It sounded to me those who made a polite fuss got one of the few quicker build slots, those who stayed silent went to the back of the queue at that dealer. I also got on to Audi press office (being a journalist) who pushed it further. I got the car pushed along by both and got it early July in the end.

Reality - it's worth waiting for! Best car ever for me!

Reactions: BlackEdition