This technology should be an optional feature for every new car !

gamegenie

Eazy-E CPT OG from the Otherside
Reaction score

This would catch door dingers by the balls. I wish I had this on my car yesterday, discovering a newly fresh door ding on my passenger door as I finally got up out of bed to go to my car this morning. :blush:

What do you think it will take before car manufactures realize, 'yeah why haven't we added this feature yet?'.

Currently unless you park where there is 24/hr surveillance it is literally impossible to catch door dingers in the act. This product would put an end to that.

Reactions: JJ_2018 and sgtvic
You thinking of getting one? They are pretty cheap compared to a conventional front and rear dash cam.

I don’t know why people can’t just be careful when opening their doors and what’s further, take responsibility for theirs kids when they yank doors open and damage other people property.

Not sure it would catch door dingers as they seemed to turn the camera using their phone eg it doesn't give 360 degree view all the time.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JJ_2018
Not sure it would catch door dingers as they seemed to turn the camera using their phone eg it doesn't give 360 degree view all the time.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I get the impression its recording in 360 all the time but the viewer can only display 180, so allows you to pan the video on playback etc, I could be wrong tho.

If this can be mounted on the roof line and the video "flipped" then I will grab one for testing, possibly two for font and back! Have emailed the company.

Reactions: NevMan
Seems good in concept, but the video quality appears to be pretty subpar.

Reactions: gamegenie
You thinking of getting one? They are pretty cheap compared to a conventional front and rear dash cam.

I don’t know why people can’t just be careful when opening their doors and what’s further, take responsibility for theirs kids when they yank doors open and damage other people property.
I'm circling the shopping cart. I'm trying to find more info on this WiFi and the just released 4G model. I'm wondering if that WiFi will only work if there's WiFi in the area, where as the 4G model might work anywhere.
I wish Audi was on this technology already, this would be a huge incentive for them promote Audi Connect if this security technology was a feature of the car. Right now I feel like 4G offerings car manufactures currently do (gas prices, weather, news) are pointless features.

I heard on a YouTube video that he 4G requires a data plan. So that might be something extra to consider.

Would be pretty difficult to secure a conviction of a door dinger as you cant guarantee getting the number plate of the car parked next to yours and proving the impact caused any damage and it being caused by the car owner. Slightly more chance with a bar bumping your bumper but given the cost verses the likelihood of it happening seems a waste of money to me...IMHO

Would be pretty difficult to secure a conviction of a door dinger as you cant guarantee getting the number plate of the car parked next to yours and proving the impact caused any damage and it being caused by the car owner. Slightly more chance with a bar bumping your bumper but given the cost verses the likelihood of it happening seems a waste of money to me...IMHO