Oil pressure sensor

VrX

Reaction score
Quick bit of background, I had a bad motorcycle accident in April so my 2.7 A4 B8 was sat for a few months gathering cobwebs while I was unable to drive.

Now I can drive again I've had a few issues. Firstly I have noticed an oil patch appear under car (parked in driveway and never had a spot of oil previously) but I am physically unable to get underneath car presently to check on that so just keeping an eye on oil level and still good between min and max.

However, driving back yesterday and while accelerating on dual carriageway car suddenly went into limp mode, put it on diagnostics today and it is showing 5580 (Oil pressure switch) initially thought not a big problem and hopefully also source of the leak but have ran into a bit of confusion.

I have found an old thread from another forum stating there are 2 oil pressure sensors, one located near oil filter and one near belt tensioner (one blue and the other brown). However looking at part stores they only have one sensor listed.

Can anyone advise if this is correct and there are 2 sensors? If so are they different or the same part? Unfortunately I am very limited in movement still so can't get out and have a look round myself, my brother is happy to give me a hand with doing it but as he lives an hour away I'd really prefer to get all the parts sorted and done in one go.

Cheers.