A3 8V (2013) Satnav troubles.

Kayobong

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So, after picking up my car on Wednesday I am thoroughly enjoying it, however when driving through a city centre last night I decided to use the satnav to see how it would get me to my destination, and in the short time I used it it tried to take me down two bus lanes! These lanes have been dedicated to busses for a few years now, but I am a bit concerned if I use it in uncharted territory for myself it'll take me on weird routes. I think I can update it and I have the Tech Pack which is as far as I'm aware a different navigation system to SD based nav.

So my question is am I able to update my Tech Pack navigation system or is it a case of taking it to Audi?

Cheers.

You can download navi update from My Audi website

I dont have the tech pack on my MIB1 (which is the variant you have) but believe its a case of creating an account if you dont have one, enter your vin number which knows its associated with a tech pack and allow you to download the maps onto your hard drive base system on your MIB1. You will need an SD card to download from your computer and onto your MIB1.

Good luck.

I dont have the tech pack on my MIB1 (which is the variant you have) but believe its a case of creating an account if you dont have one, enter your vin number which knows its associated with a tech pack and allow you to download the maps onto your hard drive base system on your MIB1. You will need an SD card to download from your computer and onto your MIB1.

Good luck.

Sounds easy enough, thanks!

The latest update on the website seems to be 2014, do I update in increments or is 2014 the newest available to me? cheers.

Think you only get 3 years from new but can download the latest available for your car. So if it’s a 2013 car you should get up to 2015/16.
No need to update in increments(well at least my A6 didn’t need to).

Think you only get 3 years from new but can download the latest available for your car. So if it’s a 2013 car you should get up to 2015/16.
No need to update in increments(well at least my A6 didn’t need to).

Hmm, seems weird that I can only download 2014. I feel if I take it to Audi they'll charge me for it.

Probably £300 + Labour.

Thought as much, I've got a screenshot of the update page, shows 2014 for every country.

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 212
Still worth doing as it will be newer than the one you got. Seems like Audi U.K. don’t have a clue how you subscribe to newer maps. There only option is go to dealers and pay for sdcard updates and if I remember right they want 2 hours labour so a tech can watch the progress bar.

Still worth doing as it will be newer than the one you got. Seems like Audi U.K. don’t have a clue how you subscribe to newer maps. There only option is go to dealers and pay for sdcard updates and if I remember right they want 2 hours labour so a tech can watch the progress bar.

****** hell, I'll see how 2014 fares before I bite the bullet on that one. Cheers.

The thing is the newer updates might be out of date already. I’ve live in my house for 4 years and it’s still wrong with the latest updates.

Reactions: Kayobong
Turns out I can't update using the MyAudi website as I need the Audi Connect MMI App to do that, looks like i'll be asking the dealer about it.

Should be able to just download it to sdcard or usb and shove it in the car for update.

Should be able to just download it to sdcard or usb and shove it in the car for update.

I also seem to keep getting this error. I've tried on 3 different devices and multiple versions of Java.

Attachments

• 98b9317764e34edb79c809d38a5362ff.png
    98b9317764e34edb79c809d38a5362ff.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 167
That’s a java issue. I had issues downloading with chrome and edge. Try good old internet explorer and make sure you have the latest java installed

That’s a java issue. I had issues downloading with chrome and edge. Try good old internet explorer and make sure you have the latest java installed

It downloads fine it's just after I launch it I get that error.