Sorry that was the case at first, then after researching i saw it was mad. So sold the lights -for a profit and got the facelift LEDs.

Thanks for your reply.

Did you manage to get the normal led lights working ?? I’m looking into this at the moment.

The server is gonna reference your parts against the official stolen parts blacklist. Process will terminate here if any parts are flagged, I see this every damn day at the moment so watch out. If parts are legit then...
Slightly off topic here but I'm intrigued reading this.

So what you're saying is that if a car is recorded as stolen then all associated electronics against the vin and their corresponding serial numbers will be flagged as such?

Hypothetically, let's say I fitted some used parts I bought on ebay that unbeknown to me were stolen and my car went to a dealer, what event would trigger the server in Germany flagging those parts as stolen, it wouldn't be a routine scan for faults would it?

Slightly off topic here but I'm intrigued reading this.

So what you're saying is that if a car is recorded as stolen then all associated electronics against the vin and their corresponding serial numbers will be flagged as such?

Hypothetically, let's say I fitted some used parts I bought on ebay that unbeknown to me were stolen and my car went to a dealer, what event would trigger the server in Germany flagging those parts as stolen, it wouldn't be a routine scan for faults would it?
Security enabled parts would not be able to be coded in to your car in the first place. Your installer would see a message via his or indeed her tool. Non security enabled parts would have their serial numbers recorded however finding these would need a physical investigation, something that would only take place during a warranty claim really.

Am going to be making a post on stolen parts very soon. It’s a very interesting subject. On average I have seen 2 to 3 stolen parts a day since the new year. Follow me here if via FB / Instagram.

Stay away from eBay private sellers, gumtree and FB market place. I have one poor guy who just does not understand “don’t use Facebook market place” and is now on his 5th stolen VW golf virtual cockpit! The money he has lost so far could have purchased him a new one from me with change! As soon as I informed him about his 5th fail he was on his phone “I found another one that’s not far from here if you can still fit me in?” It was 9pm and he wanted to go to Tottenham to buy one for £180 lol

Last edited:
Security enabled parts would not be able to be coded in to your car in the first place. Your installer would see a message via his or indeed her tool. Non security enabled parts would have their serial numbers recorded however finding these would need a physical investigation, something that would only take place during a warranty claim really.

Am going to be making a post on stolen parts very soon. It’s a very interesting subject. On average I have seen 2 to 3 stolen parts a day since the new year. Follow me here if via FB / Instagram.

Stay away from eBay private sellers, gumtree and FB market place. I have one poor guy who just does not understand “don’t use Facebook market place” and is now on his 5th stolen VW golf virtual cockpit! The money he has lost so far could have purchased him a new one from me with change! As soon as I informed him about his 5th fail he was on his phone “I found another one that’s not far from here if you can still fit me in?” It was 9pm and he wanted to go to Tottenham to buy one for £180 lol

Sure for 180 alarm bells would ring. They have to be worth 500+ second hand ?

Sure for 180 alarm bells would ring. They have to be worth 500+ second hand ?

Some folk can’t seem to walk away from the deal of the century:wink:
Also some breakers don’t know what they have so genuinely sell them for cheap.

I concur. It is a headache and a half. Regretting it not, should have put the xenons on -less headache.

Ive not really had much time recently due to my job so the project was on hold but back on it now.

I have had the car wired up to factory FL LED but the only lights that are working are the dips, no DRL, no indicator, no cornering and no full beam. Im actually stuck now... Ive changed the BCM to -high, Gateway -high, added range control and the all weather light switch as well as the level sensor but still no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

@DJAlix i sent you a DM and still patiently awaiting your reply...
Have you now sorted the lights out

- wiring
- facelift bcm
- parametrisation of headlight module
- coding / adaptions
- calibration

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Ok lots of stuff, I have just bought a 15 plate a3 Es salvage, it has a face lift bumper but no headlights as they were removed when it was assessed, how do I find out what lights it had and can I just get them in the facelift version

Have you now sorted the lights out

I have fully completed the conversion, it was an absolute nightmare at the beginning but in the end it was all worth it. Ive just not had time to put any images up yet. But if you are interested in the conversion let me know, i have met some awesome people along the way.

I have fully completed the conversion, it was an absolute nightmare at the beginning but in the end it was all worth it. Ive just not had time to put any images up yet. But if you are interested in the conversion let me know, i have met some awesome people along the way.

So you managed to sort the lights out in the end? I am trying to do one but the lights are the problem

Would be great if yo have the details

Only a handful of people have attempted this retrofit as the cost to do this is a bit steep but if your like me youll be bargaining and selling off the unused parts to make back as much money as possible.

One thing i can say and im sure the awesome @DJAlix will agree with, its such a niche retrofit the trade secret wont be given away in the public forum. Youll need people with the right skills and tools to get this done for you.

Are you looking at doing a PFL LED Retrofit or are you wanting to do a FL LED Retrofit?

If you are really interested send me a pm.

Reactions: DJAlix
I have done the retrofit for my facelift a3 from led to matrix led. Is not difficult after all. You need

A5 camera (on the windshield)
Or highbeam assist ( used one from matrix headlight otherwise you need the parameters of it)

2x Lwr sensor front and rear

Odis to retrun the basic settings

Reactions: Red-1
Ive searched for everything i can think of, i can only find the PFL led conversion not the FL Matrix LED conversion. The coding shouldn’t be hard as i have access to a VCDS. Its the wiring, my original headlights are 10 pins and the matrix led are 14 pins, i need to figure out the wiring
if 10 pins u had standard halogen and i will cost you £1000 if not more u need replace control module .. cables etc
you supposed to go with these they look much better

Attachments

• 771c84e04352b82b4813fd74b196.jpg
    771c84e04352b82b4813fd74b196.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I have done the retrofit for my facelift a3 from led to matrix led. Is not difficult after all. You need

Or highbeam assist ( used one from matrix headlight otherwise you need the parameters of it)

This Kufatec dongle is now available - https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/a3/a3-8v/coding-dongle-led-matrix-headlights-for-audi-a3-8v-43708
Edit: Just noticed not for RHD which is a bit odd.

Hey buddy. I sent you an email earlier. Can you please reply to me regarding the retrofit of matrix on your Audi A3.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Would like your help and how I can coding
Can you send me a copy of your Channels maps of 09 parameters for the matrix
On me. Car does have a camera on the windshield
And do have gighbeam assist
Furthermore you say 2x LWR .... do you have parts numbers for me?
And do I need odis in this case for calibration or vcds or both?
Thanks bro

Leeds Audi retrofits can do matrix headlights retrofits. From prefacelift to facelift conversions, pan roof retrofits, halogens, tv tuners....whatever you want. I’ve been quoted £450 to go from led headlights on an rs3 fl to matrix headlights on the same car. Obviously then I need to source a set of matrix lights.

Hi guys,

Ive just recently bought a Audi A3 1.6 8V PFL and im doing a full S3 conversion on it, most parts are bought apart from the dynamic tail lights and alloys. The car is currently in the bodyshop getting painted.

My question here is... I have bought the FL Matrix LED headlights but im struggling with the wiring, has anyone done this before that can point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated[/QUO
Hello.. do you find solutions???
I want to install the full led headlight on my Audi A3 spotrback facelift 2017

Only a handful of people have attempted this retrofit as the cost to do this is a bit steep but if your like me youll be bargaining and selling off the unused parts to make back as much money as possible.

One thing i can say and im sure the awesome @DJAlix will agree with, its such a niche retrofit the trade secret wont be given away in the public forum. Youll need people with the right skills and tools to get this done for you.

Are you looking at doing a PFL LED Retrofit or are you wanting to do a FL LED Retrofit?

If you are really interested send me a pm.

Hi would u by any chance still have the wiring diagrams for the headlights on a PFL and FL please

Sorry that was the case at first, then after researching i saw it was mad. So sold the lights -for a profit and got the facelift LEDs.

Thanks for your reply.
Hello friend i was researching for installing for matrix headlights on an PFL a3 but looks to complicated, so no i'm just going to put rs3 FL bumper with leds headlight for cheaper and easier. can you post a picture of you current a3 ?

thanks

Hi,

Can you please share the pinout of the FL LED headlight? I am trying to convert my PFL Bixenon to FL full LED!

Many tks!

Ich habe bei meinem Facelift A3 von LED auf Matrix LED umgerüstet. Ist doch nicht schwer. Du brauchst

A5-Kamera (an der Windschutzscheibe)
Oder Fernlichtassistent (verwendet von Matrix-Scheinwerfer, sonst benötigen Sie die Parameter davon)

2x Lwr Sensor vorne und hinten

Odis, um die Grundeinstellungen erneut auszuführen
Ich habe bei meinem Facelift A3 von LED auf Matrix LED umgerüstet. Ist doch nicht schwer. Du brauchst

A5-Kamera (an der Windschutzscheibe)
Oder Fernlichtassistent (verwendet von Matrix-Scheinwerfer, sonst benötigen Sie die Parameter davon)

2x Lwr Sensor vorne und hinten

Odis, um die Grundeinstellungen erneut auszuführen
Hallo, können Sie mir bitte helfen? Ich wollte den A3 8V Facelift von Voll-LED auf Matrix-LED umrüsten. was wäre zu tun? kalibrieren und codieren? Oder müssen 2 zusätzliche Leinen gezogen werden? Oder ist das nur beim A4 und A6?

Erstellen Sie ein Konto auf erwin.audi.com und kaufen Sie die 1-stündigen oder längeren Ansichtsrechte. Dann finden Sie die Schaltpläne für Matrix.

Denken Sie daran, es ist nicht nur Codierung, sondern auch Parameter UND Sie müssen die Scheinwerfer beim Händler kalibrieren (erfordert spezielle Bords und Sequenzen).

A3 8V Facelift-Limousine
Hallo, können Sie mir bitte helfen? Ich wollte den A3 8V Facelift von Voll-LED auf Matrix-LED umrüsten. was wäre zu tun? kalibrieren und codieren? Oder müssen 2 zusätzliche Leitungen gezogen werden? Oder ist das nur beim A4 und A6?