Rear view mirror’s heating

Audidave69

Reaction score
Today I wanted to remove the water droplets from rear view mirror’s but when I turn the door switch to demist position nothing happens.
I know it says in the manual “Depending on outside temperature”
So wondered if having the wipers on may wake them up, but again nothing!
As last resort I tried rear heated window as my last car worked this way and after a few seconds they started to work :)
Can’t find that part in the manual at all.
So heated window works any temperature.
Heated mirrors only work if temperature is low.
But if you put both on the mirrors work any temperature :)

Reactions: rasA4
Today I wanted to remove the water droplets from rear view mirror’s but when I turn the door switch to demist position nothing happens.
As last resort I tried rear heated window as my last car worked this way and after a few seconds they started to work :)
thanks for the tip!

Never really looked closely at that but kinda makes sense. As I tend to leave the mirrors on heat all the time.

Not noticed this, I tend to do the same to clear the side mirrors of raindrops as I reverse into the drive close to two concrete posts with metal gates hanging from them, so I want a clear view :) I've never had to put the rear window on for them to work though!

Just had another look, I definitely have to put heated window on to get them to work.
Be interesting to see what happens when the temperature drops.

Just had another look, I definitely have to put heated window on to get them to work.
Be interesting to see what happens when the temperature drops.
You got me thinking now! Going to test it out!

OK so I just tried it out, temp on car was showing 21. I took the temp of the mirror glass and then turned the heated mirrors on, after 2 mins no change! I then turned on the rear window heater and waited another 2 mins, again no change! So it must be dependant on the outside temperature as well.

IMG 6510

Reactions: Audidave69
Damn you got me thinking now:)
Will have another look this weekend.

Reactions: S32B
Well I left the house at 06.30 this morning, both the rear window and both side mirrors required demisting! I looked at the temperature on the cars dash and it was showing 11 degrees, I put the heated mirrors only on and the mirrors cleared. So no need to put the rear heated window on to clear the side mirrors ;)

off early doors to Nottingham so will give it a try.

Both the rear screen and the mirror heating is outside temperature dependant...