Help Please S-Line without S-Line Steering wheel?

FliP0x

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently looking into buying a 2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.7tdi multitronic S-line.

It looks great so far, except no leather seets, but I can live with that.

What caught my eye however is that is as a rather basic steering wheel.

This is how it looks like:

$_20.jpg

For an S-line, I expected an a bit more sporty leather steering wheel with the "cut-off" bottom part and the s-line logo embedded into it.

Can a true factory s-line come without the s-line steering wheel or could this car be a stock A4 sedan with the s-line facelift been done afterwards?

A different looking steering wheel is not a gamechanger, but I'd like to know if what I am buying is what I think it is. Also, with the rather basic seats, the s-line wheel would make the interior look a bit better.

I assume steering wheels can be swapped. If anyone has done so (because I never did), is there a hassle with wiring for the steering wheel controls or are there just plug and play connectors like in a car stereo for example?

Are you sure it's an S-line? It's not uncommon for people to badge them, then pass them off as such.

I suspect there should be other indicators as well, such as door blades, the internal door sills usually have some sort of S-line branding, different bumpers, etc. Wheels are easily changed so not always a good way to tell.

Not being up on the non North American market, there could be differences I'm missing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you have a VIN and I can check exact factory spec for you.

I haven't seen the car in person yet so I don't have that number.

sud6hHH.jpg

I'm not too familiar into S-line, but this doesn't look like regular A4 Sedan to me. However, the interior is basic,

I haven't seen the car in person yet so I don't have that number.

sud6hHH.jpg

I'm not too familiar into S-line, but this doesn't look like regular A4 Sedan to me. However, the interior is basic,

In some markets the 8K came with a “S Line exterior package” which may have even fitted to this vehicle and leaving it with the standard interior.

Seats look like SE ones too - have they got "S-Line" embossed into where your shoulders fit into the seat?

Seats look like SE ones too - have they got "S-Line" embossed into where your shoulders fit into the seat?
They only have Airbag embossed on the sides.

S-Line is nowhere to be seen in the interior, just the exterior looks nicer than stock, but doesn't say s-line anywhere either.

Edit:

Excuse me, it does say s-line on the exterior. It's had to see on the image I posted, but there is a badge on the upper right above the left wheel which looks like it says s-line. At least the colors match.

Last edited:
They only have Airbag embossed on the sides.

S-Line is nowhere to be seen in the interior, just the exterior looks nicer than stock, but doesn't say s-line anywhere either.

Try and get the VIN from the seller if possible.

Try and get the VIN from the seller if possible.
It looks to be a s-line, but as you mentioned, just with the exterior package.

I did not get a reply from the seller regarding a VIN number, but the listing states it's a model for the german market.

The interior can be fixed with custom made leather seat covers. You can't really tell the difference. Nice looking seats will make the rest of the interior pop.

Even the basic steering wheel wouldn't be a problem then. Replacements are rather pricey.

Op search flat bottom steering wheel, it's not a standard fit, certainly not to A4.

Op search flat bottom steering wheel, it's not a standard fit, certainly not to A4.
Thanks, found exactly what I was looking for, and at affordable prices as well.

Would you know anything about the replacement process? I am just worried about the wiring of the wheel controls.

Cloth seats? I swear I thought most models had leather as standard...OP, not my decision, but if I were you I would wait and look for a true S-Line or at least one with the sport package, as it REALLY MAKES a difference, also on an Ax car, manual is a really different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloth seats? I swear I thought most models had leather as standard...OP, not my decision, but if I were you I would wait and look for a true S-Line or at least one with the sport package, as it REALLY MAKES a difference, also on an Ax car, manual is a really different animal.

Are there any other differences other than the interior? I am already looking to replace myself what is important to me.

S-line wheel to my liking and leather covers of my own design that go over existing seats.

It would obviously be better to have it all in the car already by default, but I don't mind doing it myself if I don't find another one for a similar price.

I was wondering the exact same thing, mine is an S-line, has all the exterior s line bits, S line seats, black headlining but has that steering wheel as well. It’s a 2010 if that makes any difference

Those look like SE seats to me. Mine are half leather half Alcantara but have S line on the leather back rest

All S Line seats have S Line written on them from my understanding

And S line has black roof lining?

I looked closer at the listing and I missed that it clearly says "S-Line Exterior Package", so no wonder the interior is basic.

But that's nothing that cannot be fixed. It is not even that bad, as I get to choose my own preferred interior design. I am already looking to order black leather covers with red stitches. Paired with a black/red flat bottom S-Line wheel, it should look fantastic.

I get the excitement of retrofitting all these things and the fact it's easy to do. But considering the price and year you can probably locate one with the correct options installed.

Reactions: winterrB6
I keep checking on a daily basis, but there unfortunately isn't anything similar available at the same price point.

I am looking to import a car from germany to croatia and I have a dealership that will do that for me for a small fee so I don't have to travel there myself, deal with the paperwork etc.

The problem is they can only work with car dealerships that also export cars, so that fairly limits my search. I would probably find something better equipped from private offers, but I don't have time to travel there myself.

I keep checking on a daily basis, but there unfortunately isn't anything similar available at the same price point.

I am looking to import a car from germany to croatia and I have a dealership that will do that for me for a small fee so I don't have to travel there myself, deal with the paperwork etc.

The problem is they can only work with car dealerships that also export cars, so that fairly limits my search. I would probably find something better equipped from private offers, but I don't have time to travel there myself.

OP, so in the states (this may TOTALLY be different for EU), the “sport package” gives you bolstered bucket seats up front, sports suspension, and a Three Spoke Wheel design.

I don’t think the “SE” model has never been seen stateside, and certainly not in TDI form so I can’t speak to that power plant, but with the 2.0T car, the sport package and manual is what makes it a sports sedan. I had an 09 Prestige Auto A4 and it was plenty fun, but the manual with sport package is the most sought after B8 A4 in US. I now have a 14 S4 and while the DSG is great, I find myself itching for a third pedal...but they are rare here, and it was impossible to find in the spec/color scheme I wanted.

Pic for giggles:
ed201c3749d398f2d01d05d25ef19dde.jpg

Last edited: