Tyre pressures

SuperKid

Reaction score
When I got new tyres from my local Audi garage and I drove away my car alerted me about tyre pressure so I reset it using the "store current pressure", I assumed it'd be ok as it had just been sorted by Audi.

I decided to check today at a garage and my tyres were:

Front right: 30psi
Front left: 55psi

Now it says it's meant to be 35psi, but the front left being 55psi?? what?? I had just been driving down the motorway so I am aware pressure can increase by 6 psi, but 55 is just way higher than it should be.

Should I report this to Audi? Will my tires have worn prematurely being so far out / any damage??

How long ago did you get tyres?
Centre of the tyre will have taken a beating at 55psi
Never trust tyre fitters. It’s prbably at 55psi cause that’s the pressure needed to pop tyre on rim and they not checked it after.

I doubt they will do much about it after 3 months. Your steering should have been a bit off and light as hell at those pressures.
Did you not notice it driving the car?

I doubt they will do much about it after 3 months. Your steering should have been a bit off and light as hell at those pressures.
Did you not notice it driving the car?

No, felt ok to drive, doesn't the steering adjust anyway? It gets stiffer at higher speeds and putting it into dynamic makes it stiffer than Auto that I usually use.

You should still feel it regardless of what mode it’s in. In my last car I could feel of the pressure dropped by 5psi just by driving alone without getting the gauge out

Could just be a dodgy pressure gague when you checked it?

I'd agree if it measured the other tyres at weird PSI, but they measured around the range they should be, about 2 - 3psi lower than they should be. A guy before me had used the machine too.

A lesson to be learned.....always check your oil level and is it clean, tyre pressures when cold, after a service. People make mistakes. As an aside buy yourself a decent dial air pressure gauge. Idiot lights and sensors can malfunction.

Reactions: AlS3BE