Audi A3 Not Working Rear Wiper New Motor Fitted

Jackk23

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seem many threads about the rear wiper not working most of them about the motor getting sized from the water jet but I Can't figure out what is wrong with mine. Mine was sized however I have replace the motor and checked the fuse which isn't blown. Checked the connections at the motor with the boot closed I'm not getting any power. When I turn the wiper or the jets I can't here anything not even the pump. The front wipers and jets work fine. I thought it could be the relay but looking at the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, I can't figure what relay it could be. I can't find a relay diagram in manual or on the web anywhere. I don't know if it is a relay or not. I don't really want to take it to Audi because its properly a simple and or cheap fix and I don't want to change the washer pump if thats not the problem because you have to take off the front bumper unless you can reach it by taking off the drivers side wheel arch.

Can Anybody help me my car is a 2005 3 door Audi A3 SE FSI 1.6 petrol??

Thanks in-advance
Jack

Reactions: jannadollface
Hello,

I have seem many threads about the rear wiper not working most of them about the motor getting sized from the water jet but I Can't figure out what is wrong with mine. Mine was sized however I have replace the motor and checked the fuse which isn't blown. Checked the connections at the motor with the boot closed I'm not getting any power. When I turn the wiper or the jets I can't here anything not even the pump. The front wipers and jets work fine. I thought it could be the relay but looking at the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, I can't figure what relay it could be. I can't find a relay diagram in manual or on the web anywhere. I don't know if it is a relay or not. I don't really want to take it to Audi because its properly a simple and or cheap fix and I don't want to change the washer pump if thats not the problem because you have to take off the front bumper unless you can reach it by taking off the drivers side wheel arch.

Can Anybody help me my car is a 2005 3 door Audi A3 SE FSI 1.6 petrol??

Thanks in-advance
Jack

Have you cleared the faults .? Just make sure you got right part . I’m good at fixing theses

I think it should still work even if it as a fault logged. Assuming that you have checked the correct fuses and the stalk operation. I would look at testing the wiper motor you have fitted, was it second hand, is it the right one,have you got the wires on the right way round. Can you take it off and test for operation direct.
Process of elimination, have you tried disconnecting the hose at the rear motor end to see if you are getting water to it as I that will confirm whether it is a problem with the washer motor at the front and also confirm if the switch is working correctly.
Hope this helps and you manage to get it fixed

Hows about sticking a Multimeter to the live going into motor and find a ground then see if there is any power registered with key turned but engine off then try with the engine on and see if the power changes , that way you should find if there is enough power getting to the motor especially if you both it as a new part