DPF HELP!!!

Calasp

Reaction score
I’ve recently bought a A4 2.0tdi and my dpf light has come on on the computer in the middle but I’ spent a good hour late last night trying to get it to Regen on the motorway in 4th at around 2-3.5 rpm doing 70 and it did nothing apart from waste loads of diesel and return terrible mpg am I doing something wrong and ideas

You'll probably need to do DPF emergency regeneration to get rid of the warning light and even then it might be that DPF is gone bad too far and that regen won't help. Check Ross-Tech on how to do emergency regeneration: wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Diesel_Particle_Filter_Emergency_Regeneration

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I would recommend innotec dpf doctor, got a tin of it from auto parts for about £18 mate and really does clean out the dpf, just unscrew your exhaust temp sensor and spray in the whole can in in short bursts, put it all back together and let it idle about 15 minutes. I just reset the code with a obdII meter and then took it for a run, get ready for some wacky races going up the road cause the smoke that comes out is crazy haha

Reactions: Calasp
There’s no code coming up yet just the dpf Regen sign in the computer but it won’t start Regen when I’m on the motorway

Would still give it a flush out mate does a world of good like, I couldn't get mine to regenerate on the motorway either so thought I'd give it a bash first before getting a full diagnostic done at a garage for the sake of a few few quid an a half hours work lol

Yeah there's been no faults since and it's driving a lot better, done it last week and before the dpf was flushed I had to reset the faults every morning but it still wasn't driving right and now the power is back up and it feels fighting fit lol need to replace the exhaust temp sensor now as that's ****** packed in now

Get yourself a Bluetooth obd dongle and pay £1 odd for bag dpf, there is a free version but the paid one is worth it. Never have to second guess the state of your doc again and you can watch it complete a regen. Check mine every week or two. Currently at 86% so could do with a run. In my experience around 50 mph is ideal, keep it in a low gear to keep the revs up

the Bluetooth ones any good like I just got a hand held one for a tenner off eBay lol

You get what you pay for really, I have one of the super cheap mini elm adapters and it works ok ISH! I can get the dpf status up no problem and the torque app works with it but I did find out from superchips a few weeks back that it won't give me a proper boost reading it's maxing out at 23 psi due to the cheap ones internals.

Carista one is good my dad has one but you do have to pay if you want to use the Carista app. The dongle itself works fine with all the other apps and provides a better sample rate.

Cheers mate I'll need to look into that, you can just leave the Bluetooth ones plugged in all the time ?

I unpluu mine but I'm sure you can get some with a power switch. The obd port is always live so it will drain your battery but I don't know if it would use anything significant

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3
Right i managed to get the dpf to Regen, and it did it all on its own doing normal stop and start driving at 30mph weird, since this I’ve replaced the dpf pressure sensor for a new Bosch one but the fault code p2002 still comes up does this new sensor need to be set with vag com or something ???????

Last edited:
Have you tried to clear the code? If so what with? I have done quite a few Regens now in the conditions you describe.

It’s a Autel maxi scan or summat it’s always cleared all codes on all cars I’ve had it on it’s quite a good one, I’ve read on another forum and this one that the new sensor may need adaptation

Ant.help you with the adaptation but my dad's Passat had a fault code and clearing with a maxiscan wouldn't do it, same goes for torque pro. It cleared all my prev cars fine (b5 Passat, MK3 mondeo, vw bora) but not their 12 plate Passat. Only vcds, Carista or obd11 etc would do it