ECU refurbish where ? How ? Cheapest

Denispearl

Reaction score
Hi guys. My ECU unit started playing up. Wasn't able tostart the engine last week, then Had ECu flashed. This helped for a few days, but the issue has returned. Something engine starts and cuts off, sometimes starts, but esp and coil dash lights are flashing. Basically need to get it fixed. What is the best cheapest way? Car isn't worth much now being an A4 b6 t.9 TDI. What if I'll get a same ECU from eBay second hand ? Could I get that swapped an running? Sorry for a long rant, need that beast fixed soon. Desparate. Thanks

What makes you think it's the ecu at fault? Have you had it scanned for codes with decent software?

Sure. Got it scanned today. Not a crank shaft sensor for sure IAM afraid. So yes, all checks up for ECU (

Sounds like water has got in the CCU which happened to me, could be wrong though as this could be a number of things, if your anywhere near Birmingham bring it to me as I've got vag com, failing that if you've got any record of the faults post 'em up.

Was thinking same. Especially the fact that it has all started when the weather was wet. I'm in London ( any chance to clean it somehow or anythjng? Garage didnt sent the codes just told me it's ECU unit ettor. Damn

@diseljake. How did you fixed it? Thanks

Here you go: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/1-9tdi-not-starting.374890/

Basically need to replace and seal the cover as best you can, swap out the solonoids and clean up any wires/connections, the fault codes should really tell the whole story and if your not sure a good first thing to do would be put the heaters on hot full blast to try dry stuff and before doing this check if the passenger foot well is wet as this could mean your plenium drains are clogged up too/instead, they're a much easier thing to fix though you just take the battery out and poke them with a screwdriver, I'd imagine all b6's that haven't had this done at some point will be clogged to some extent.

What software did you scan it with? Anything other than vcds, carista etc won't show all codes only the basics.

Thanks for the input. Not sure as garage didn't Tell me

Thanks @diseljake. No wet in footwell. But lots of rubbish like leaves and other s..t in engine bay area. Will get it cleaned. Thanks

Guys thank you all for your input. I have an important update for you. After the car refused to start again on Wedn I simply went to a nearest ASDA. Got myself a pair of energiser 2032 new batteries and replaced old ones. What's next? Key fob reset by holding lock button for 2 sec whilst inserting into the key barrel then pulling out. Result - immob flash light was only off every third try. I've kept on pressing lock button when inserting the key many times. Now, few days after, the key got recognised from first try. I know that immob and lock/unlock modules are separated(apparently), but, gosh, it worked for me. That's the story. Thanks everyone for watching. Peace

Last edited: