PFL RS3 Brakes vibration

FinnMc1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had car back from Audi for what I think is the 5th change of disks. This time it was the rear disks and touch wood the vibration seems to be gone so far. I am now back on the wavy disks from a couple of times having the round ones as on the FL.

Anyone else still with this ongoing issue?

Also I had that slight exhaust rattle and I mentioned it. They found a load of small stones in some area of the exhaust. Not sure if that is common but nice easy fix anyway.

Thanks,
Finn

Hi all, just to keep people updated. If you are still having issues with brake vibration as I have been I have just had my 6th set of front disks and pads fitted. This time back to a round disk and drilled differently to the previous type. Has anyone else had these fitted? Do they indeed fix the issue?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2019-05-10-16-49-57.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-05-10-16-49-57.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: NevMan
When I had my 8P RS3 I had about 6 sets of discs and pads and even a pair of calipers for brake judder!
The dealer had no idea what was causing it and no idea how to cure the problem.

Eventually I found out the problem was me!
I had a habit of washing the car and parking it in the garage, this causing the pads to stick to the discs and leave a deposit on the discs.
Now having a pfl the once or twice I’ve actually washed it and parked it in the garage for a day or so the same happens.
The judder is very noticeable from high speed and takes several very hard stops to burn the discs clean.
So every time I wash my car now I take it a quick spin around the block to dry the brakes off before parking up, done over 10k and over a years driving without any problems whatsoever.

Reactions: Bronquito and NevMan
Hi all, just to keep people updated. If you are still having issues with brake vibration as I have been I have just had my 6th set of front disks and pads fitted. This time back to a round disk and drilled differently to the previous type. Has anyone else had these fitted? Do they indeed fix the issue?

I have these discs with the matching drill pattern and disc bells on my car from factory.

Can confirm never had any brake judder, no evidence of any warping just occasional squeal but very rare. Some fast road use for me, but depends how they’re driven to how they will cope I suppose.

I’ve always washed my car and then put it in the garage so reference the above post, never caused any issue for me other than the brakes being a little grabby while the rust works itself off of the discs to be expected.

Well done for getting one let alone that many sets of discs and pads from Audi, must have been a bit of a nightmare.