Coolant leak

Gonzokew

Reaction score
Hi, I have a small leak and after taking some stuff off to have a look this is where it's coming from.

Image1

Any ideas on a plan of attack? S3 8l BAM

It looks like the o ring has failed on the coolant hard pipe. Your coolant pipe looks quite corroded too and that’s also a common failure point

I tried to find a replacement aftermarket coolant pipe for mine as the OE ones are ridiculous price but no joy, well not with the same part number anyway. You might get away with just an o ring but that pipe does look a bit suspect

Oh good at least that part is replaceable. I'll have a look at getting one sorted if I can find the part number

Thanks for your help

There is a fella on Facebook on a site called s3 8l owners group. He is doing a group buy for the part your looking. It is a alloy part I think and is more durable. His name is Denna Laycock-last.

Ok thanks I did see them not sure if it's the right part though. His was in 4 sections I thought this is one part

I agree parts 10 and 11, maybe worth getting the other bits that bolt to it as they're all old now and for £55 it's good value.

Yeah and it’s definitely worth doing the alloy flange kit mate if you’re draining the coolant anyway. They’re so much better than the plastic OE parts and more reliable ;)

Steve

Ordered the flange kit. Will take the hard pipe off to see whether it's the o ring or the pipe itself.

Have messages a couple people to quote for the hard line while I do this.

Reactions: hydro s3
Hard line had been quoted at £170 if anyone's interested. Will see where I'm at once it's been drained and removed