How much is everyone paying for their Insurance ?

You're 20 years old in an S4......we want you to have a black box for all our sakes. :thumbs up:
Haha that’s what everyone says however I’m very mature for my age and don’t drive like an idiot. Also taken advance driving courses at my age so I’m used to driving high performance cars. Had a civic type R Before the S4 so big step up in power.

Reactions: NevMan, Flowrider99 and Thundercliffe81
1.4 Manual Petrol B9 Avant. Mid 40s, only had licence for 3 years. Other half on insurance, only passed test in October last year. At fault claim last September (hit the back of someone doing <15mph in traffic on M4, £13k claim), so only 1 year NCD. Zone 3 South London post code (SW16), driveway parking 6k miles pa. £1100 with £400 excess with Admiral. More than quoted £1900 to renew, some quotes were above £3k...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Currently paying £1100 on my 1.4 Tfsi.. Most options ticked on insurance and only £350 excess. Next year it will be around £800 or below.

However I still have an accident declared on my insurance, and only 1 years NCB.. Next year I will be able to get insured on near to anything. Until then however.. sighh

I'm 22 and I'm insured on a Private Road in Bedfordshire

£370 a4 saloon 2.0tdi 190 s line
3 years ncb
Mid 30s
One written off car last year with a £30k insurance claim
Aviva

Needless to say when that offer came i bit their hands off!

It did go up about £60 from the year before

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
I forgot that I had full business cover on the S4 included in the £380, I should probably add that in since it usually adds some to the overall premium.

How did you get that low ? I live in low risk area (B on scale of A-F), and pay £670, 10 yrs NCB and late 40’s... do you have a tracker ? Or live 100 miles from civilisation...

How did you get that low ? I live in low risk area (B on scale of A-F), and pay £670, 10 yrs NCB and late 40’s... do you have a tracker ? Or live 100 miles from civilisation...

No idea! I’m 4 miles from Aberdeen airport so not exactly in the middle of nowhere... No tracker, but I did do the Aviva drive app and drove like a saint for 200 miles and it took 28% or something off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Chris S 1245 and Thundercliffe81
Guess it’s different for everyone. My Mum and dad have never paid More than £400 for car insurance and have had high performance cars before like an S3 saloon etc. For just them on my S4 saloon it was £360 something and we don’t exactly live in the middle of no where.

Completed the Aviva challenge, got my insurance down from £1500 to £500* on my Audi S5 coupe Age: 24.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Daggerit and NevMan
Completed the Aviva challenge, got my insurance down from £1500 to £500* on my Audi S5 coupe Age: 24.

Do you have to have a box/tracker for that?

Do you have to have a box/tracker for that?

You just run it on your phone as an app. What's great though is that if you have a spirited drive you can just say you weren't driving and it'll discount it. :)

Reactions: SRB93, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
You just run it on your phone as an app. What's great though is that if you have a spirited drive you can just say you weren't driving and it'll discount it. :)

So. Are you covered until your 200 mile test is done? And do you need to keep using the app all year round?

So. Are you covered until your 200 mile test is done? And do you need to keep using the app all year round?

Once you complete the 200 miles that's it and you can't re-do it... So you have to really be careful for those 200 miles. You can keep running it after that if you want but it's not required to keep your discount or anything. It's really not bad.

Reactions: NevMan
I don't know if I actually answered your question looking at it... You can do the app at any point, whether you're insured with them at the time or not and can then just apply it when/if you insure with them.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I don't know if I actually answered your question looking at it... You can do the app at any point, whether you're insured with them at the time or not and can then just apply it when/if you insure with them.

Nice one.

Under Audi insurance until 21st. Think I'll give it a go.

Reactions: Daggerit
Nice one.

Under Audi insurance until 21st. Think I'll give it a go.

Might be worth it, but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

Just make sure you drive as nicely as possible since there’s no do-overs! Haha.

Might be worth it, but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

Just make sure you drive as nicely as possible since there’s no do-overs! Haha.

Well I'm just trying to see how calm the RS4 is/can be. Managed 29.1mpg on commute this morning so I should do ok. Cheers

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
£570

S4 2018
35 years old, 11yrs NCB, good postcode, zero claims
Including business use, 12kmpa.

Fully comp £150 pa for my 2018 Black Edition A4 B9 with 15 years NCD - that’s with Aviva and with an excess of £500 living in the Highlands. My last renewal was £190 pa for my 13 year old A4 B7 (poverty spec ). Sheer madness. Not that I’m complaining... :)
Checking my Aviva policy this morning, its even less than £150..... I'm paying £144.93 pa to be exact. I suspect my home insurance with Aviva has also given me a nice discount on my car :)

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
£1,800PA no NCB 1 accident 3 points with The mrs as named driver (clean licence)

Last year was even worse and i had 1yr NCB with no accidents delared

Absolute rip off! the whole insurance industry is a scam IMO that needs some serious monitoring...but it is what it is!

Damn there’s some low quotes from people!!

£659
45yrs old
Good postcode area
No penalties
2 accidents, 1 at fault
Tuning box declared

However this with an £825 excess!!

I’m sure I should be paying less but 1 claim does fall off next renewal so hopefully will drop.

Damn there’s some low quotes from people!!

£659
45yrs old
Good postcode area
No penalties
2 accidents, 1 at fault
Tuning box declared

However this with an £825 excess!!

I’m sure I should be paying less but 1 claim does fall off next renewal so hopefully will drop.

Accidents and postcodes. I find points don't really alter it much. £758 for my RS4. 1 accident at fault 2.5years ago. 3 points declared from Feb 2014. Even though I've got no points on my license. Honestly...

Anyway, this is with Audi Insurance of all companies. I had quote of £636 from Debenhams. But because I wanted the start date a couple of weeks earlier, they thought it was perfectly acceptable to run it up to £1050. Yeah, the industry is a joke. Indian call centre too.

Reactions: NevMan and Riko0073
Accidents and postcodes. I find points don't really alter it much. £758 for my RS4. 1 accident at fault 2.5years ago. 3 points declared from Feb 2014. Even though I've got no points on my license. Honestly...

Anyway, this is with Audi Insurance of all companies. I had quote of £636 from Debenhams. But because I wanted the start date a couple of weeks earlier, they thought it was perfectly acceptable to run it up to £1050. Yeah, the industry is a joke. Indian call centre too.

Only changed my insurer yesterday due to the tuning box, company via Adrian Flux wanted £1,080, an extra £350 for adding box!!

So managed to get lower quote than before having the box albeit with large excess and cancelled current insurance....hopefully no accidents!!

£550 for my Stage 2 B8.5 S4 with all mods declared. First ever 3 points 3 years ago. Mrs as a second driver with ‘at fault ‘ claim 2 years ago . And I am 38.9.3 yes old.

£550 for my Stage 2 B8.5 S4 with all mods declared. First ever 3 points 3 years ago. Mrs as a second driver with ‘at fault ‘ claim 2 years ago

That's decent that ya know

Reactions: V6_Man
That's decent that ya know

It was lower (£450) the first time around as Mrs accident, which was not her fault at all unfortunately was made ours from the angle with which the lorry hit the car. Annoying thing was the insurers (ours and other party) were adamant we only look at Camera 4, which showed us at fault however all other 3 cameras were clearly showing the lorry driver changing lanes .

It was lower (£450) the first time around as Mrs accident, which was not her fault at all unfortunately was made ours from the angle with which the lorry hit the car. Annoying thing was the insurers (ours and other party) were adamant we only look at Camera 4, which showed us at fault however all other 3 cameras were clearly showing the lorry driver changing lanes .

What an industry eh? What a law. I know we need cover but seldom have I felt 'good' about car insurance.

What also makes insurance go up is the job you declare.

What also makes insurance go up is the job you declare.

True that. I have SDP & C on both the cars with multiple locations. I work as self-employed in IT and my current contract requires commute to multiple locations.

I've similar experiences. The insurance companies just want to clear the claim and don't care who is at fault.

I had one with Aviva after I pulled out in front of a bus…..yeah, sounds like a fault accident, except the bus was in queue of traffic 1/4 mile from some lights, the driver signalled for me to pull out (turning right) and as I stopped to look the other way, the bus rolled into me (a V5 Sport Beetle with 60 miles on the clock!!). All very apologetic and that and a taxi driver stopped to confirm what he saw and gave his details.

My insurance obviously dealt with the repair and all was good, until some 3 months later, the taxi driver called to say he'd never heard from Aviva for a statement. When I called them they said everything was fine, the accident was my fault, but I had protected no claims! I argued and they eventually said 50/50 which I still wouldn't accept and finally it went as a non-fault.

Moral is, if you know you're, argue till they agree with you.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Only changed my insurer yesterday due to the tuning box, company via Adrian Flux wanted £1,080, an extra £350 for adding box!!

So managed to get lower quote than before having the box albeit with large excess and cancelled current insurance....hopefully no accidents!!
Just added Tuning box to my LV policy..£17.24 :icon thumright:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and cuke2u
or add a parent. great for reducing younger drivers premiums especially

Reactions: blackb9er, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
£1300 and £250 excess with Direct Line for 21 years old with 3 years no claims on a 2018 B9 A4 2.0 TFSI S-Line BE

Aviva have always been best for me but this annoys me...

Vehicle type excess on Audi A4 S4 QUATTRO TFSI £500.00
(Please note this is an additional excess that will apply in the event of a claim against this vehicle)

:(

Reactions: V6_Man
Anyone got any recommendations.. 23 years old turning 24 in March. Got 2 years ncb going into 3 in April. I'm getting quoted 1.6 - 2k. I live in East London.

£231.20 with £100 xs.
57 yrs old, full NCD
No points, no accidents, no awareness courses.
Rural Sussex postcode.
Four named drivers: me, wife, colleague/neighbour and mother-in-law

Quote me Happy which is Aviva online.

Finally something to make me smile about getting old!

Reactions: cuke2u
£850 for an A4 3.0 Tdi. I'm 32 with 6 years NCD, no points etc. All about postcodes - we live in a nice area but get hammered (I believe) because it's a "BB" postcode which is a Blackburn one - despite living miles from there.

This was the cheapest quote I could get anywhere - all the others were over £1000.

Last edited:
£380 for my 2017 S4. 33 years old, 8 years no claims and apparently in a decent postcode area.