HELP PLEASE #PANIC

Tre

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but today i noticed when going over bumps and dips, a knocking noise like metal on metal. I put full right lock on to have a look to find a hallow metal bar hanging down from underneath the passenger door just behind the wheel arch, its ripped through the plastic shield. no idea what it is and I'm hoping someone could shed some light letting me know if its safe to drive and what not. the rod/bar feels loose like its not attached to any thing its slides back and forth.

also the car still has warranty, would something like this be covered.

thanks alot. Tre
IMG 20180912 WA0007
IMG 20180912 WA0003
IMG 20180912 WA0001
IMG 20180912 WA0005

That should be covered. No idea what that is?

its audi warranty had expired its under warranty with the car people, hopefully its still covered.

That doesn't look to be from the car??? You might have went over the bar and it poke through the plastics and just hanging there? But I'd tow it just in case...

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but today i noticed when going over bumps and dips, a knocking noise like metal on metal. I put full right lock on to have a look to find a hallow metal bar hanging down from underneath the passenger door just behind the wheel arch, its ripped through the plastic shield. no idea what it is and I'm hoping someone could shed some light letting me know if its safe to drive and what not. the rod/bar feels loose like its not attached to any thing its slides back and forth.

also the car still has warranty, would something like this be covered.

thanks alot. TreView attachment 165317View attachment 165318View attachment 165319View attachment 165320
Is it an A3 car ??

I’d say that’s just a piece of scaffold or something that’s got stuck in the plastic!

Reactions: Jcbmally
Defo not off the car, just looked under the Mrs and mine. I think it has been on the road and flicked up into the car IMO.

I would pull it out and take it to the dealer or a decent garage for an inspection, just to make sure it has not caused any further damage, than cosmetic.

Pull it out ! Jack the car up and have a butchers, im sure it’s just something that’s flicked up.

Are your brakes working ok? Just in case it’s damaged the lines.