Transmission Mount Insert

I ordered one and it’s just turned up. I’ll probably fit it at the weekend then I’ll report back.
89d635db5bc7213a2ec3473175e63f4a.jpg

Reactions: KitMan
According to other forums I’ve read, it seams so. Just need to get underneath the car.

Is this an easy drive way DIY fit?

Should be pretty easy. Jack the front of the car up on axle stands and get under. There will probably be some sort of protective panel to take off. Old one off new one on. 2 bolts, what can go wrong..... mmm something always goes wrong! I’ll let you know when I’ve done it.

Should be pretty easy. Jack the front of the car up on axle stands and get under. There will probably be some sort of protective panel to take off. Old one off new one on. 2 bolts, what can go wrong..... mmm something always goes wrong! I’ll let you know when I’ve done it.

Perhaps a how to?

Ok, managed to fit this today. Really easy to do. You could probably get away with just jacking one side of the car up and reaching in.

Some good points and some bad. Driving the car is excellent, loads of difference. You literally cannot feel it change up or down the gears, even at low speed. At first I thought it was perfect, but when you put your foot down you get quite a lot of noise and vibration from the gearbox. Also when you start the car there is a slight knock and a judder.

I thought maybe I’d done something wrong so I’ve removed it cleaned everything and made sure nothing was in the way. Same problems. I’ll run it for a week to see if anything changes, maybe it needs to settle in. If it stays the same I will remove it and fit the standard one back on.

Maybe it’s meant to be sloppy for a reason, more comfort. Be interested to know if anyone else has tried it.
IMG 2140
IMG 2142
IMG 2143
IMG 2144
IMG 2146

Ok, managed to fit this today. Really easy to do. You could probably get away with just jacking one side of the car up and reaching in.

Some good points and some bad. Driving the car is excellent, loads of difference. You literally cannot feel it change up or down the gears, even at low speed. At first I thought it was perfect, but when you put your foot down you get quite a lot of noise and vibration from the gearbox. Also when you start the car there is a slight knock and a judder.

I thought maybe I’d done something wrong so I’ve removed it cleaned everything and made sure nothing was in the way. Same problems. I’ll run it for a week to see if anything changes, maybe it needs to settle in. If it stays the same I will remove it and fit the standard one back on.

Maybe it’s meant to be sloppy for a reason, more comfort. Be interested to know if anyone else has tried it.View attachment 166186View attachment 166187View attachment 166188View attachment 166189View attachment 166190
Thanks for the pics! And hmm from reading the US forums they didn’t have this problem. The forge motorsport design can’t be much different to the 034Motorsport one that the Americans use. Ye keep us updated.
Thanks

Cheers, I sent forge and email yesterday, just waiting for a response. This morning it was 2 degrees when I left work and it was silky smooth when driving normally, still couldn’t feel it change gear even from a coldish start. Still had a knock when starting and vibrating when pushing the car though.

Cheers, I sent forge and email yesterday, just waiting for a response. This morning it was 2 degrees when I left work and it was silky smooth when driving normally, still couldn’t feel it change gear even from a coldish start. Still had a knock when starting and vibrating when pushing the car though.
Any reply from Forge Motorsport? Any change to noise?

Any new on this? I’ve just ordered a CTS Turbo one and hoping I don’t get the same issues!

Any new on this? I’ve just ordered a CTS Turbo one and hoping I don’t get the same issues!

I ended up taking it off in the end. Forge got back to me and said the problem is probably going to be another bush or mount that’s making the noise due to the fact the insert has removed the movement. I’ve not taken it any further as I forgot about it if I’m honest. But this has reminded me to get it looked at next time it goes in for some work. Could have done it 2 weeks ago when my springs were being fitted! Be interested to see how yours is.

Fair enough dude, seems like a hit or miss upgrade. I’ll get mine fitted and report back:icon thumright:

Fair enough dude, seems like a hit or miss upgrade. I’ll get mine fitted and report back:icon thumright:

I’ve not heard of anyone else having the same issue as me, but then again I’ve not seen much on here from people that have had one fitted. I machined .25mm off all over on mine to see if that made a difference, but it didn’t. It was always really tight pushing it in when fitting it so I thought it might be squashing the rubber boot it goes into. Maybe I could have ripped part of the rubber when fitting the insert, that could be what the knocking sound is.

I've read from a lot of people that it causes excessive droning, put me off doing it

Fitted this today and i'm delighted with it! Shifts are much better and zero downside no noise whatsoever and drivetrain feels much newer best £20 i've ever spent on a car and the best bit is I fitted outside my house by parking one side on the kerb!

Maybe it’s meant to be sloppy for a reason, more comfort. Be interested to know if anyone else has tried it.View attachment 166186View attachment 166187View attachment 166188View attachment 166189View attachment 166190

I have exactly the same problem, I'll give it a chance for a few more kilometers. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to factory settings

Ok tested it, this definitely made it quite a bit smoother through all the gears but there was added noise for me plus that knock when you start the car so i put the stock bracket back.