thinking of this particular exhaust? link...

I dont know anything about that particular exhaust but it had a stainless 4-2-1 manifold on my last car made by raceland and the quality of the stainless, the welding and the quality as a whole really was brilliant in my opinion.

A3-frankie said:
I dont know anything about that particular exhaust but it had a stainless 4-2-1 manifold on my last car made by raceland and the quality of the stainless, the welding and the quality as a whole really was brilliant in my opinion.

what did it sound like? i dont know whether i should buy it?? :sadlike:

Just my personal opinion but duplex exausts look a bit stupid on A3's - especially so on a 1.8 n/a mate

I do like the tailpipe tho, maybe a single exit one of the same design?

It was just the manifold i had and then a full powerflow system on at the same time so i cant comment on what sound difference the raceland kit made.

Does the exhaust sit below the bumper or do you have to cut into it ?

It would look better if it is made to cut in but if you dont like it then you have a spare hole then.

It is a very good price i think considering what you could pay for a backbox.

I think it has to be said that whenever you buy any exhaust kit you are having a gamble because unless you know someone with same car and exhaust then you really dont know what it will sound like.

i know its all down to personal opinion....

but i reckon it looks about as good as the average train crash.

the audi is a classy car, keep it subtle.

nice and chavy.. are you planning on cutting your bumpers aswell?

Don't let people put your ideas down mate, you do what you want with your car.

Personally though I wouldn't go for a dual exit exhaust as it looks a bit pretentious imo if your car isn't doesn't have a 3.0+ engine in it :laugh:

I've got the same tailpipe fitted to my A3 TDI (got it fitted by MIJ) but that's just a single tailpipe and it's completely straight (doesn't kink up). It does go very well with the shape of the car but they had to cut about an inch into my rear bumper.

I'd say go for the same type of tailpipe but only a single exit one (like mine).

toxik cheers for the advice, you got any pics? that would be great

twin pipes on a four pot is form over function. get a decent, dynoed exhaust.
milltek is a very nice system