A3 TFSI Boost Problems

Jon Kinsley

Reaction score
Hoping someone can give me some guidance.

I have an Audi A3 1.8 TFSI and recently the EPC light has come on and the boost has stopped working. The STOP/Start is not available.

My mechanic friend plugged the car in and the following error came up "P00AF00 turbocharger/supercharger boost control a module performance"

We changed the diverter, but the same errors are still occurring. There are no other faults and the car is running smooth and not letting out any smoke etc.

Anyone else come across this?

Turbo actuator?
There was a similar thread on here not so long ago.

Isn’t the diverter the same as an actuator? Already replaced that. Took it all off and it’s clean as a whistle. No soot at all. The car is only 4 years old with 36k and id say 25k is motorway miles so it shouldn’t be the turbo.

Anyone any other ideas?

I thought the diverter is like a dump valve whereas the actuator controls boost on the turbo. Actuator is like a little rod on the back of turbo.

You’re right ! It’s definitely the actuator that lad gone. But Audi have said the part is attached to the turbo and will cost about £900. Can’t seem to find one anywhere on line.

I would try getting it cleaned. Might buy you enough time to find a replacement.
Plenty for tdi engines but don’t see any for petrol.