If you thought your day was going badly...

How about trying to order all the parts needed though one of the forum sponsors? Might get a bit of money off there mate

£1977 altogether! The second sheet is just a breakdown of parts to make it clearer for the customer, I think.

I see what you're saying, but actually when you look at the cost of the parts, which almost perfectly matches up with the catalogue pictures you sent, it doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. About £280 for labour and 180 for paint? That's all I'd be likely to get a (small) discount on elsewhere. Plus this place was recommended by my local audi dealership.

Oh I agree 100%.

How about trying to order all the parts needed though one of the forum sponsors? Might get a bit of money off there mate

I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure how to go about that/who they are. I've given the bodyshop the green light too! Who are the sponsors and where do I find them, out of curiosity? The following link just returns an error for me:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/sponsors/

Think I've done all right on labour and paint costs, frankly. I knew it was going to be costly. What I will do is once the repair is complete (possibly tail end of next week if they can get the bumper in in time), I'll post pictures. Hopefully it'll come back like new and give people peace of mind that, should the worst happen, your pride and joy can be returned to perfect condition.

Try messaging @creweaudiparts :icon thumright: they do great deals on parts so worth a try mate

Reactions: E15, DW81 and BadBoyWhiteRaps
So, the car is in the shop and will be back this week with a new front bumper. I wasn't sure why, but I inquired about keeping the bumper. They explained that usually the bumper belongs to the insurance company and they will request it to be destroyed. However, I am paying for the repairs myself, so can keep the bumper if I so wish.

This brings me to my question, should I bother? What could I do with it? I can't make a wall piece or a coffee table with it, but knowing how expensive they are I'm weirdly tempted to keep it.

Hmm strange one mate... I think I’d be the same, I’d want it back if I could for free but not sure what for haha... I wonder if parts can come off it and have them wrapped or play about with them and put them on the car?

Hmm strange one mate... I think I’d be the same, I’d want it back if I could for free but not sure what for haha... I wonder if parts can come off it and have them wrapped or play about with them and put them on the car?

Well, it's just the bumper, not the glossy black parts, so I'm not entirely sure of what I could do with it. Could I sell it for salvage? Maybe. Could I get it repaired and have it as a spare? Possibly. Wouldn't want to sell it to another RS3 owner repaired in case they're unaware of previous damage, so it's a tricky one.

Hmm as long as you advertised it as repairs... had photos of before and after then you’d be fine there mate... all depends on whether it’s cost effective to have it done?!

It’s was the gloss black bits I was thinking of the wrapping/dipping ideas for haha

...it’ll probably be one of those things you keep, then a year or two down the line you’ll think “why did I bother” and off to the tip it goes

Hmm as long as you advertised it as repairs... had photos of before and after then you’d be fine there mate... all depends on whether it’s cost effective to have it done?!

It’s was the gloss black bits I was thinking of the wrapping/dipping ideas for haha

...it’ll probably be one of those things you keep, then a year or two down the line you’ll think “why did I bother” and off to the tip it goes

Yeah I knew what you were getting at and I think that'd be a really interesting idea, wrapping the air vents some crazy colour for a month or two.

I'll give it some thought, it's a weird one. If anything, I could keep it and if someone on the forum totals theirs, they could have it.

Yeah I knew what you were getting at and I think that'd be a really interesting idea, wrapping the air vents some crazy colour for a month or two.

I'll give it some thought, it's a weird one. If anything, I could keep it and if someone on the forum totals theirs, they could have it.

Advertise it on eBay with full description and pictures of damage.

You’ll be amazed what sells.

Advertise it on eBay with full description and pictures of damage.

You’ll be amazed what sells.

Might just be the one, you know. As long as I'm entirely clear about the condition and pickup only, I really don't stand to lose anything.

Update:

All's well that ends well.

P.s. I know I should clean her!

JPG IMG 1851 3

Reactions: Pinky1959, Bonstio and AudiNutta
£1,000 excess is insane. Why would you ever chose such a high excess? You know you can get excess insurance so your covered for your excess.

Wow 1000 excess is ridiculous. My rs3 renewal with full protected ncd, 250 excess is 640

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great result mate... looks as good as new again

Proper P-zeros an three corners, RO1s on one corner (pictured). Got the car like that from Audi... no idea.

That’s not very good on their part. The tread pattern has to be matching on the same axel, by law supposedly! They should have changed that, or fitted the right one if they did.

It’s not an RS3 RO1 tyre, that’s a standard P Zero as all the RS3 ones have the stretched look to some extent.. I believe the RO2’s just have a steeper edge.

“RO1 MO” is Mercedes fitment, or at least the MO part of it is.

That’s not very good on their part. The tread pattern has to be matching on the same axel, by law supposedly! They should have changed that, or fitted the right one if they did.

It’s not an RS3 RO1 tyre, that’s a standard P Zero as all the RS3 ones have the stretched look to some extent.. I believe the RO2’s just have a steeper edge.

“RO1 MO” is Mercedes fitment, or at least the MO part of it is.

For Reference here’s a pic of an R01 on my PFL
fae4fae6b739b95ead10cb3b33971761.jpg

Huh, very interesting... I'd be upset about it but it'll get new tires soon enough anyway. Weird that they'd put just one on there. Does make me wonder...

Reactions: T-800
Huh, very interesting... I'd be upset about it but it'll get new tires soon enough anyway. Weird that they'd put just one on there. Does make me wonder...

It is very odd isn’t it, I can only thing of a puncture and a last minute tyre change as you wouldn’t change an odd pair. I’ve found when ordering these tyres with tyre shops it can be a pain getting the right ones, Audi got it right though but I checked before they fitted them, Pirelli also got it right last week but that’s going to the big dogs I guess. I normally order mine online now, best way to save and then pay for fitting somewhere decent.

Just have to make sure you get RO2’s when you replace :D