Air Bag Light

CroftyOriginal

Reaction score
I disconnected my glove box to try and sort my radio out, now after plugging my glove box all back in my airbag is on, tried using my OBD fault code reader but no codes are there, is there a way to turn it off (without the VCDS software)

Have you tried turning the airbag on and off with the switch in the glovebox? And are you sure you reconnected it all properly.

Tbh when you ever plan to disconnect any part of the airbag system you should disconnect the battery. If anything to stop it accidentally igniting!

Reactions: Sibmets
I had the same thing after removing my glove box and diagnostic equipment couldn't find a fault. Turns out the airbag switch needed turning in the glovebox (as stated above) to remove the dash switch warning.

Where exactly is this switch? I have the 06 A4 2.0T and after the dealership “fixing” the takata airbag recall the light stayed on.

I have the glove box with the cd changer in it. I cannot find this switch. Any specific locations or how does it look. Can someone please provide some pictures?

images

Even if you don’t have the switch the wiring is there behind the glovebox.

Not all cars have the option to turn off front passenger airbag, so you may not have the switch in your glovebox. This was an option when buying the car new - mine doesn't have this option either.

Attachments

• 20140603_192312_zpsoicvyd5m.jpeg
    20140603_192312_zpsoicvyd5m.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 81
Yea I deffinitely don’t have that. I don’t want to mess with the glove box either since the hinges are broken. Also, do any of you know about the p0299 and the possible solutions? I already cleaned the MAF sensor, changed the DV, and changed the purge valve. The valve cover gasket has a leak when I did the smoke test. Any idea what it could be?