MMI md Unit replacement

Focusy

Reaction score
As the title suggests, can you replace an amp unit from a non dabs to a dabs, and what the implication.

anyone done it? the one in my car has 2 sd slots and sim card slot

Thnaks Focusy

Most likely the minimal you will need is the Dab aerial and component protection removed from the replacement unit and bit of coding somewhere.

Reactions: Focusy
Thank you ais3be Is there a way to find out if there is a upgrade patch (official). From my current amp as it seems thin on the ground suggesting they changed it

Wouldn’t have a clue.
Do you have the standard, Audi sound or b&o?

The audi ss should sound pretty decent especially in a small car like the a3. I had it in the a6 and that was pretty good.
There was a lot of chat on here about not having the subwoofer control and it sounded crap. That’s when they changed to the facelift.

praps i need to explain why I'm looking for a answer on this, i have a audi sound system high which is randomly giving me static interference on multiple interfaces, so i think it might be the amp, i have looked my amp part number up and its very expensive, so I'm trying to find out if there is a upgrade path to find out if it can be swapped to a dab version as this is considerably cheaper.

thnaks

Any Audi parts are expensive.
Not sure what to suggest for you.
I’m sure others will chime in.