Facelift Staggered

lledwoc

Reaction score
On the way to work early yesterday morning I had an argument with a muntjac deer....and lost

Fearing the worse, new front end and headlamp, a fate worse than death, I seem to have gotten away with a lower grille finisher, fog lamp area if there were any, and nearside wheel arch liner in tatters. No underside leaks or warnings on dash as yet.

Took it to my local Audi in MK and asked could they do a health check to make sure no mechanical damage, bust radiator or alike and tell me what 'trim' parts are broken and I'll pay to fix it all with them.

They wouldn't touch it! Was told repeatedly they don't do 'crash damage' and to use an accident repair centre :wtf:

It’s the parts you don’t see that could be the problem. My dad hit a baby deer years ago and on the face of it there was a slightly cracked bumper and twisted grill. When it went into dealership it ended up being a £4K job.
Bumper, grill, headlight, brackets, crash bars bonnet etc all moved out of place and needed replaced.
Modern cars are designed to fall apart on impact to save pedestrians.
I would get it checked out ASAP. I’m surprised the dealer refused to do anything as usually the bigger chains have their own accident repair centre and the bigger Audi dealers have their own aluminium repair centres for cars like the r8.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It’s the parts you don’t see that could be the problem.

This.

My dad hit a kerb in his Merc following a blow out. It looked like it had just damaged the side skirts. Turned out that it needed a lot more and ended up at around £4k.

On the way to work early yesterday morning I had an argument with a muntjac deer....and lost

Fearing the worse, new front end and headlamp, a fate worse than death, I seem to have gotten away with a lower grille finisher, fog lamp area if there were any, and nearside wheel arch liner in tatters. No underside leaks or warnings on dash as yet.

Took it to my local Audi in MK and asked could they do a health check to make sure no mechanical damage, bust radiator or alike and tell me what 'trim' parts are broken and I'll pay to fix it all with them.

They wouldn't touch it! Was told repeatedly they don't do 'crash damage' and to use an accident repair centre :wtf:
That's ballz. My local one did.

Poor deer but glad you are OK.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Had the same thing happen to me whilst I was driving wifes A1 in January. Pesky thing ran out from side of road, so I had no chance - was not even sure what it was as it was dark! Thought it was a dog or cat initially but thankfully at least it was not someone's pet. I initially thought I had got away with fog light trim, radiator grill etc. Next morning it was clear there was more damage than first thought. In the end it was an insurance job so done by the book with all audi parts - new grills, new radiator, new turbo intercooler, new bonnet etc - approx.£2500!

So it seems I'm one of the luckiest people in the world.

After taking it to Unit18 Automotive in MK, turns out on inspection was just the lower fog lamp grille and wheel arch liner. No damage to anything else.

All replaced, including labour, for about £175. Given how much it could have cost, thats pretty much free :p

Reactions: TYb
Had the same thing happen to me whilst I was driving wifes A1 in January. Pesky thing ran out from side of road, so I had no chance - was not even sure what it was as it was dark! Thought it was a dog or cat initially but thankfully at least it was not someone's pet. I initially thought I had got away with fog light trim, radiator grill etc. Next morning it was clear there was more damage than first thought. In the end it was an insurance job so done by the book with all audi parts - new grills, new radiator, new turbo intercooler, new bonnet etc - approx.£2500!

Same happened to me a few years back in a mk1 TT, new bumper, grill, rad, sensors etc... exceptt this was a ****** pheasant.