034 Motorsport test pipe/downpipes - S4

Chets

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,
Just seen a par of 034 Motorsport test pipes/downpipes advertised for sale and wanted know if any one else has fitted these on their S4?
I assume these will throw up CEL error but normally that can be mapped out.
Some other research online suggests a SAI error occurs (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4...4-test-pipes-prepare-cel-fault-codes-2803654/) and i can't seem to find these listed for sale via 034Motorsports official website. Wonder if they stopped selling them due to the SAI issue.

I'm eventually planning to go MRC Stage 2. Would this mod help achieve more power/torque?

Cheers,
Chets
imageproxy.php

Can't advise on the specific errors fitting these will throw up, but you can all but guarantee they'll be one associated with cat performance. Although, those box parts, at the bends look to be O2 sensor spacers that should reduce the chance of a related CEL being flagged.
However, if you after a power mod, these are not it.

All the evidence I've seen suggests exhaust mods on the B8 S4's yield very little improvements, you're talking an increase of 15bhp and similar torque changing the entire exhausts system, from heads to tailpipes, on a pulleyed and tuned car. So that's manifolds the lot. If you gained 5bhp from these, I'd be surprised and you'd certainly not feel that driving the car. Plus they're an utter ball ache to fit and there's the obvious MOT implications.

Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: Chets