Need to drain my Diesel tank Audi A3

travturbo

Reaction score
Hi all how do you drain the Diesel tank? I put unleaded in my misses A3 Diesel by mistake as I'm petrol in my Gti. The car hasn't been started as I realised what I'd done so towed it home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Get a hold off a garage and i am sure they would drain for you and advise what to do after that

Reactions: travturbo
You could i guess drain it yourself but you would need to no what kind off cleaner to use to remove what would be left or you might find once drained the Petrol would dilute what you had left off Diesel once fully drained.
But i would still say professional advice best to get

Petrol in a diesel engine isn't as bad as the other way around, depending on how much you put in.
If you drain it out you would get away with filling with diesel and driving it again as petrol would remove the lubricity that diesel creates, but fresh diesel would replace it. Years ago it was advised to put a small amount of petrol into diesel to prevent it waxing in winter and clean out the engine.

Most cars allow access to the tank from under the rear seats, so if you have a container, hose and pump you might be able to empty the tank that way.
Hope you get it sorted cheaply.