Replace turbo intake elbow

sparkymark75

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the OEM turbo intake elbow with one from Forge. It seems to be a pretty straight-forward replacement.

The OEM hose clips fitted to the air intake hose, is it worth replacing these at the same time with jubilee clips?

Even if not, I'd like to be prepared for one of them breaking when I'm removing them so does anyone know what size of jubilee clip I need to have on hand for emergency.

I just changed my elbow and replaced the hose clip nearest to the airbox with a 70 - 90 jubilee clip, you don't need to take the inlet pipe
screw out all the way, just enough to turn the pipe.

I didn't buy the Forge one so you might not have the same problem, but i found trying to seat it properly without the 'o' ring
popping out of it's groove a real pain.

Reactions: sparkymark75
I think the forge one is a complete hose. It has an adapter that just twists into the turbo inlet, the screw isn't required as it doesn't have the arm for it to screw into

That's exactly the same as mine, only not a Forge one.

Sounds way better on accelleration, i've also got a K&N panel filter and bigger intake pipe.

It's worth you looking into a turbo muffler delete as well, all together it seems to make the car quicker to respond to the throttle.

So had a go at this today. In typical fashion for me, a 10 minute job for everyone else is an hour or so for me!

First of all the Forge elbow wouldn’t turn, I had to remove one of the o rings to get it to fit. Both had been oiled so it wasn’t a lube issue

Once I had that in, getting the stock pipe to stay on the Forge elbow was a pain. It would push on so far but not far enough for the jubilee clip to grip. So anytime I tightened the clip, the hose would pop out. It looks like it’s designed to just grip the hose since it’s metal and not plastic it won’t deform. So I pushed it on as far as it’ll go and it felt pretty well held.

I took it for a 15 minute spin and it seemed to be okay, the hose never popped off. I’m going to pop the bonnet in a bit and check the hose see if it’s loosened.

Did anyone else have a similar issue? Do you think it’ll stay put?