Update with used approved audi issue.

Gavin96

Reaction score
Hi folks, thought i would update you all on the issue i had with my audi s3 8v which i bought from stafford audi which are part of the swansway group. 30/12/2017. Which lasted until end of march 2018. In short the car was misold to me by audi Staffordshire. With major wiring loom damage, without being told of such things prior to purchase. At first audi Staffordshire said it had happened under my ownership until i contacted the first owner, in which he provided me the evidence/ bill payments from cheshire oaks audi of a previous repair of the rodent damage in which they said they replaced. but instead they had repaired the wiring loom via taping the damaged areas ! But stafford audi still would not budge and this went on overall for nearly 3 months i had no car in the meantime. Eventually it was heading to court with solicitors both on my side and there's prepared to argue the case and evidence before the court. Unfortunately for me 2 close family members passed away during this period and i was in no condition at this time to fight this as i had to put family above all else. And before the case began i took a settlement fee offer from swansway Losing 20% of the cars value from when i purchased only a few months prior, this case went all the way up to peter smyth head of swansway group who from my dealings with the man himself is not a nice bloke to go against to say the least. One thing i must say however is how great and helpful Stockport audi were during this ordeal as they were the ones who diagnosed the original damage and told myself and stafford the extent of it. I will post the link below so you can see this. After all the hassle of this i have now bought an audi rsq3 which i am very happy and impressed with to say the least. Sorry for the long winded post i just wanted to share the outcome of my experience with audi. And hope to help some future buyers to be more alert to issues than i was. Many thanks gavin.

Reactions: AudiSpy, Thundercliffe81, NevMan and 2 others
Also the audi s3 failed during a motorway journey with my friend. in the car we lost all power and had to pull over right away in which we waited 6 hours to be recovered from the roadside.

Sounds like a right pain!! and sorry for your loss.

Glad you are enjoying the new car though , hopefully no further issues.. but pics are required!

Thank you oli been a rough year but onwards and upwards hopefully ! Of course i will upload some pics :icon thumright:

Silly question but i dont know how to correctly post a picture on this site :help:

Silly question but i dont know how to correctly post a picture on this site :help:
If the images are under 2MB each you can just use the "upload an image" button and find them.

Most of the time I just upload them to https://imgur.com, once they are uploaded , right click, click "copy image location",

Upload 2018 10 9 18 16 13

Then on the forum, click this button, paste in the link and done.
Upload 2018 10 9 18 16 54

From mobile its different etc etc..

Though if using imgur and you have several images, the easiest thing to do is just click copy and then paste that link into the forum post
Upload 2018 10 9 18 18 50

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Scotty75
By far easiest way is to install Tapatalk on your mobile , uploading photos is a piece of cake with it.

Firstly , my sympathies for your loss . As to the car . Absolutely disgusting, I'm gob smacked that any mechanic could consider that a repair to the wiring loom. How that didn't cause an electrical burn out our fire is a miracle

I'd have escalated this to Audi UK. As a brand they should be taking ownership of situations where their authorized dealerships are putting the Audi name and reputation in such a poor light.

Glad you are now in a better place and also have a new car you're happy with. Nonetheless , a shame that you were unable to continue your case against the dealership.

Absolutely terrible standards , wake up Audi UK.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356 and NevMan
Hi folks, thought i would update you all on the issue i had with my audi s3 8v which i bought from stafford audi which are part of the swansway group. 30/12/2017. Which lasted until end of march 2018. In short the car was misold to me by audi Staffordshire. With major wiring loom damage, without being told of such things prior to purchase. At first audi Staffordshire said it had happened under my ownership until i contacted the first owner, in which he provided me the evidence/ bill payments from cheshire oaks audi of a previous repair of the rodent damage in which they said they replaced. but instead they had repaired the wiring loom via taping the damaged areas ! But stafford audi still would not budge and this went on overall for nearly 3 months i had no car in the meantime. Eventually it was heading to court with solicitors both on my side and there's prepared to argue the case and evidence before the court. Unfortunately for me 2 close family members passed away during this period and i was in no condition at this time to fight this as i had to put family above all else. And before the case began i took a settlement fee offer from swansway Losing 20% of the cars value from when i purchased only a few months prior, this case went all the way up to peter smyth head of swansway group who from my dealings with the man himself is not a nice bloke to go against to say the least. One thing i must say however is how great and helpful Stockport audi were during this ordeal as they were the ones who diagnosed the original damage and told myself and stafford the extent of it. I will post the link below so you can see this. After all the hassle of this i have now bought an audi rsq3 which i am very happy and impressed with to say the least. Sorry for the long winded post i just wanted to share the outcome of my experience with audi. And hope to help some future buyers to be more alert to issues than i was. Many thanks gavin.

Gavin, what a nightmare you went through, not least with the loss of two family members. My condolences for that. What a really disappointing experience you had, I am surprised you stuck with Audi, but fair play, you have a rare one there in the RSQ3. Hope you have many many happy miles

Reactions: Scotty75
Gavin, what a nightmare you went through, not least with the loss of two family members. My condolences for that. What a really disappointing experience you had, I am surprised you stuck with Audi, but fair play, you have a rare one there in the RSQ3. Hope you have many many happy miles
Quite agree ......... Photos

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Pics are not the greatest havent had a chance to get some decent pics yet !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pinky1959, oli356, Ghost and 2 others
Thank you guys for your condolences, im just looking forward now to this rs q3 seeing how long i can do without tinkering with / mapping :wink new:

Looking good Gavin

Reactions: NevMan and Gavin96
Hope everything is ok chap. It's a shame you didn't get the resolution you were after, and even more so through a difficult time.

But pleased you have come out the other side and now have a very cool RSQ3. Enjoy!

Thanks @AudiSpy looking forward to talking with you folks again. With advice etc, seems a very knowledgeable nice bunch of folks here on audi sport :yes:

Great colour :D can't remember the last time I saw an RSQ3... Rare things!
Yeah thanks oli, at first it was between an rs3 8v for a bit extra, or an a45 amg. But then this rsq3 popped up and i just bought it the day i saw the car :smug:

Reactions: NevMan and oli356
Glad you got everything sorted in the end.

Sounds like you had a torrid time with the loss of family members and also having to deal with Audi.

Welcome to RSQ3 ownership. I’ve had mine nearly a year and can’t see me selling anytime soon.

Glad you got everything sorted in the end.

Sounds like you had a torrid time with the loss of family members and also having to deal with Audi.

Welcome to RSQ3 ownership. I’ve had mine nearly a year and can’t see me selling anytime soon.
Thanks dan, enjoying the drive of the rs so far ! How do you find yours a year in ? I find the rsq3 a bit different to how the s3 was when i had it. Seems a bit clunky thru the gears when its cold, is yours the same?

Thanks dan, enjoying the drive of the rs so far ! How do you find yours a year in ? I find the rsq3 a bit different to how the s3 was when i had it. Seems a bit clunky thru the gears when its cold, is yours the same?

Speak to @ABYSS and get yourself a DTUK TCU+ to sort the gear changes

Yeah it can be fairly clunky when cold. Got mine booked in for a stronic oil change tomorrow (30k miles) so i’ll see if that makes any difference

Yeah it can be fairly clunky when cold. Got mine booked in for a stronic oil change tomorrow (30k miles) so i’ll see if that makes any difference
Yeah definitely let me know if it improves after that mate !

Speak to @ABYSS and get yourself a DTUK TCU+ to sort the gear changes
Q5man yes i heard doing this helps the car run smoother, if i was to get it done it would be with a company called unicorn motor developments which are near me in stockport. And seem very good. just waiting until at least after Christmas for that !

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Q5man yes i heard doing this helps the car run smoother, if i was to get it done it would be with a company called unicorn motor developments which are near me in stockport. And seem very good. just waiting until at least after Christmas for that !
You won’t be disappointed with rick. He is one of our site sponsors.

You won’t be disappointed with rick. He is one of our site sponsors.
Yes i spoke to them a while back when i planned a remap on the old s3 before things went wrong. I guess they would do rsq3 also :racer:

Reactions: Sandra
Yes i spoke to them a while back when i planned a remap on the old s3 before things went wrong. I guess they would do rsq3 also :racer:
Rick is a really nice guy and has fantastic reputation. Look forward to hearing how you get on Gavin,