RNSE, SDS and OEM bluetooth retrofit

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
As the title says, i intend on upgrading to an RNSE in the near future (mk2 would be nice), and thought id go the full monty and fit oem bluetooth and SDS (voice control) if possible. Does anyone have any advice?
Cheers

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
When buying a Bluetooth module, make sure its a High model as the low model wont support it.
I purchased a complete used kit, the module is 8P0862335H got mine from vag_retrofits of ebay, expect to pay about £150 for a kit.
do a Google search on Audi A4 B7 Bluetooth and read all you can.
As for RNSE, I bought my car with it factory fitted, it works fine and update maps but its no as good as my Gamin satnav.
I would also consider an Android unit instead, and you can connect your phone to it to make voice calls.
Do your research before you buy.

When buying a Bluetooth module, make sure its a High model as the low model wont support it.
I purchased a complete used kit, the module is 8P0862335H got mine from vag_retrofits of ebay, expect to pay about £150 for a kit.
do a Google search on Audi A4 B7 Bluetooth and read all you can.
As for RNSE, I bought my car with it factory fitted, it works fine and update maps but its no as good as my Gamin satnav.
I would also consider an Android unit instead, and you can connect your phone to it to make voice calls.
Do your research before you buy.

Thanks for the input, ive read into android units and tbh i prefer the oem route even though after market items are better in some cases.

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
Best to get an 8P1 Bluetooth module as they are the latest. Car sounds sell a Bluetooth adapator cable that makes SDS wiring a lot easier. You can download the SDS files free online if you look hard enough. Oh, and definitely get a mk2. It’s a lot better.

Best to get an 8P1 Bluetooth module as they are the latest. Car sounds sell a Bluetooth adapator cable that makes SDS wiring a lot easier. You can download the SDS files free online if you look hard enough. Oh, and definitely get a mk2. It’s a lot better.

Great thanks, when you say SDS files, is that diagrams/guides?
Cheers chap

Once you’ve wired it up you need to load SDS files on to your RNSE unless it’s already SDS ready. Mine wasn’t but I managed to download them and burn on to cd.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Oh right i see, that does ring a bell. Ive found an SDS diy guide that looks really easy if you have the microphone fitted (i dont think i have from memory) its more so fitting the bluetooth module that im unsure of.

Bluetooth is plug and play if you get the harness from carsystems on ebay item no. 180737531631