Potential power issue advice

A4 Jas

Reaction score
Hi,

I appear to have some sort of power issue with my B8.5 (SE Tecknik) and wondering if anyone can assist.

My 12v sockets don't currently work (both front and rear) but the cigarette lighter heats. the front 12v has a ring of light around it but supplies no power.

I retrofitted front footwells too which worked fine for a while, I'm now getting a constant flickering (like a strobe) from them.

I replaced the bulbs that came with the kit to LEDs (501 wedge?) so not sure if this is partly the issue for the footwells.

I also swapped the interior bulbs with LED ones and get a flickering from the front two reading lights (all flickering seems to occur about a minute or two after the car is started/aux power turned on)

I've checked the fuses in the boot and swapped out the 12v socket one to be safe but this hasn't made any difference. With OBDeleven I drove around checking the battery voltage which ran between 12.3 to 13.1.

Possible VCDS issue? possible low battery? possible that the LED wedges are interfering with the canbus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue is really frustrating me!

Thanks

Have you tried changing the led bulbs back to stock to eliminate that possibility?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Have you tried changing the led bulbs back to stock to eliminate that possibility?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I did replace one footwell back to stock and it seems to be okay, the flickering is far less than it previously was but it does occasionally do it (actually bearable though) the leds I did buy were advertised as error free(assumed they’d be canbus and not flicker) the reading lights I’ve misplaced the originals to test but I may buy other LEDs that are recommended

I assumed as the 12v sockets weren’t working that this may all be related but I suppose there’s every possibility it’s a bulb issue and something else