Audio Controls

ash13

Reaction score
Hi All

I have my music ripped to MP3/ALAC and stored on SD cards plugged into the unit, stored in artist then album folders.

On my previous 2013 A6, I was able to cycle through the collection easily using the steering wheel controls and the DIS. So at each level (i.e band and album) there was a "go up" option. Simple to select different album, different artist, and being in the DIS not too much of a distraction from the road.

Now I have 2018 S4 :) , and try as I might I can't seem to find that option. In the virtual cockpit, it'll show me either all the songs for a band - which means I need to cycle through to find what i want, but if i try and go back up a level it takes me all the way up to the sources, but not able to select another artist. I know I can do this via the main MMI controls, but that feels more of a distraction than what i've been used.

Am I missing something and doing something wrong, or is it a feature I'm just going to have to get used to not having?

cheers

ash.

no sad to say this is the way it is with the steering wheel controls, i bought this up a couple of months ago when i first got mine. you would think audi would be able to sort something as it would be easy to code the back button to go up one level.

same as you i came from a 16 plate A6 no problems going up a level with steering wheel controls.

I don't actually use this 'feature' but I am wondering cannot the programable button be used for this purpose, or voice control?

programmable button doesnt give the option for audio back you would think it would be easy to add it shame really.

, but if i try and go back up a level it takes me all the way up to the sources, but not able to select another artist.

Following on from an earlier thread I was experimenting with this last week on a three hour drive down to the West Country and noticed that rather odd functionality - bizarre.