Speaker Upgrades

Daniel Church

Reaction score
Anyone upgraded the speakers before and if so any suggestions on what to put in. The BO system is ok but lacking some bass. Any pictures of upgrades or guides would be helpful.

Instead of throwing money at speakers that are unlickely to give much of an improvement, consider 'Dynamatting' specific areas of the car, which will improve the overall response of the speakers. I'd sugget doors and door cards plus the shelf where the subwoofer resides (saloon) or wheel well and sub enclosure itself (Avant), to start with.
Use a butyl based product, like Silent Coat mat, as it's more effective and lighter than bitumen based products, like Dynamat (original).

Or if you want 'real' bass, a better subwoofer (with dedicated amp) will be the best route. You're still better off adding some deadening, if you go that route anyway.

Paul

Definitely don't waste your money on those Alpine speaker units. If it's bass you are after, then i would follow the suggestion above of dedicated amp and sub...but that depends on whether you are able to take an audio signal from the head unit, which i presume is an OEM unit (so probably not with ease).

You could also look at the DSP route, https://www.autance.com/best-dsp-car-audio-reviews/, i was close to going down this route with the Bit Ten DSP, but went Alpine X702D, Alpine 4 channel amp and aftermarket speakers and sub.

All depends on your budget.